XBUS-503 Data Ingestion and Wrangling
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Continuing Studies.Full disclaimer.
Cleaning and formatting data, also known as “data wrangling,” are the most under appreciated yet time-consuming steps in the data science pipeline. In real world analyses, data wrangling can consume up to 80% of project time. During this course, students will learn and apply the Extract/ Transform/ Load (ETL) process used by professional data scientists to clean and prep data sets for analysis.
Upon successful completion of the course, students will:
- Understand the time commitment needed for data wrangling
- Identify data sets that may be time-intensive to clean
- Efficiently clean data sets of both structured and unstructured data to prepare for analysis
- Apply the Extract/ Transform/ Load (ETL) process to a data set
- Better estimate the time required for data wrangling tasks