Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for those who are involved in x-mas tree and wellhead operations, maintenance and testing such as field operations, production, maintenance, petroleum, reservoir and field engineers, wellhead maintenance supervisors, wellhead operations supervisors and other staff will definitely benefit from this course.
About the course
Wellhead and Xmas tree is the main equipment for oil production, water injection and down hole operation. It is installed on the casing head to seal the annular space between casing and tubing, control wellhead pressure, adjust well flow rate and transport oil to pipeline.
This course is designed to provide an up-to date overview of x-mas tree, wellhead equipment, mechanical barriers, safety valves and wellhead operating control system. Participants will develop a better understanding of wellhead operating procedures and working under safe conditions.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Apply and gain an in-depth knowledge on x-mas tree & wellhead operations, maintenance and testing
- Discuss the various wellhead equipment as well as x-mas tree, tubing hanger, production packers & landing nipples
- Practice barriers principles & well safety on hydraulic barriers and mechanical barriers as well as subsurface control valve packer setting and testing
- Demonstrate flanging of the wellhead, wellhead safety valves and control system
- Apply the proper procedures of x-mas tree and wellhead operations to work under safe conditions
- Introduction to maintenance operations
- Wellhead Equipment
- Purpose of the wellhead
- Major components of the wellhead
- Purpose, design and operation of each wellhead component
- X-mas tree
- Tubing hanger
- Production packers & landing nipples
- Safety, health and environmental concerns
- Subsurface control valve packer setting and testing
TYPES OF WELLHEAD AND ITS APPLICATIONS
- Normal Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- Water Injection Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- High Pressure and Anti-sulfide Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- Offshore Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- Double-channel Thermal Recovery Wellhead Equipment
- Off-center Rotation Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- Thermal Recovery Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- Theft Prevention Wellhead & X-mas Tree
- Visual inspections
- Function and pressure testing of valves, chokes and actuators
- Inflow testing
- Wellhead safety valves and control system
- Gauge calibration and replacement
- Seabed inspecti
- Part procurement and replacement
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.