Who should attend
Suitable for professionals in the public, private or not-for-profit sector needing to submit proposals for a tender or grant.
About the course
Combine strategic thinking with the ability to write clear, concise and compelling documents, and create successful tenders and proposals.
- Use your own examples to clarify your thinking and improve your skills.
- Understand what assessment panels are looking for.
- Be able to position yourselves to win more tenders or grants.
- Be able to use a variety of techniques to write winning tenders and proposals for grants.
What is covered in the course?
- Establishing your strategy: how to decide whether to go for a tender or proposal.
- The difference between tenders, proposals and expressions of interest.
- Getting yourself into a better position to win tenders.
- Reading the tender and understanding what the assessment panel is looking for.
- Using templates – and moving beyond them.
- Techniques for making your writing clear and compelling.
- Using visual material to make an impact.
- Positioning your company and offerings for maximum impact.
- Negotiating the parameters of the project.
- Balancing certainty and flexibility.
- Designing timelines and milestones.
- Demonstrating better value for money.
- Stepping up on owning and utilising time available.
How will I benefit?
This practical workshop will use your own documents and examples to improve your skills, clarify your thinking and give you an increased ability to write winning tenders and proposals.
How will my organisation benefit?
Increased success in tenders, better feedback from unsuccessful proposals and a process to develop more confidence in the ability to win funding for projects.
Gary is a corporate trainer, facilitator and coach, who specialises in helping business people to improve their performance by showing them how to communicate more effectively in critical situations: leadership, workplace culture, teams, sales, negotiation, conflict resolution and customer servic...
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.