Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Grant recipient and Pass-Through Entity personnel responsible for drafting the narrative portion of Federal grant and cooperative agreement applications will benefit from this course.
About the course
The crafting of Federal grant applications is a challenge for even experienced writers; they need to understand both the proposed project and the nuances of each section. As grant programs become more competitive, attention to detail during the writing process becomes more crucial. The workshop format allows you to develop and refine a sample grant application narrative using tools you can adapt to your needs. You are encouraged to bring your own application to gather feedback. This is an elective course in the Pass-Through and Recipient Tracks of the GMCP™.
- Develop competitive grant application narratives
- Compose each element of the grant application narrative clearly and persuasively
- Design and submit an effective, reader-friendly final narrative
How To Write A Compelling Narrative
- Introduction to the Grant Narrative
- Maximizing the Competitiveness of Your Narrative
- Using the Grants.gov Workspace
Elements of Grant Narratives
- Needs Statement
- Work Plan
- Evaluation Plan
- Organizational Capabilities
- Dissemination Plan
Completing and Submitting the Narrative
- Completing the Narrative
- Applying Feedback to Your Narrative
- Final Steps