Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals looking to enhance their writing skills, with particular emphasis on writing for ‘mobile audiences’.
About the course
Writing to engage people with information in a mobile-driven, social-media impacted world.
- Understand the principles of good writing.
- Learn strategies for understanding and engaging your audience/s.
- Apply practical approaches for writing across a range of contexts.
What is covered in the course?
- Principles of good writing.
- How knowing your audiences shows you what to write.
- Writing for how people read.
- Making the most of your first ten seconds of attention.
- Writing for messaging: emails and correspondence.
- Writing for publications: brochures, handouts and flyers.
- Writing for online contexts.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- an understanding of the principles of good writing
- tools to help you understand your audience
- writing strategies for how people read across platforms and contexts
- effective approaches for gaining and keeping attention on your messages
- practical techniques for effective writing in different contexts – from planning and drafting to editing and proof-reading.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain an individual with:
- an understanding of the fundamentals of strategy development
- a process for analysing your current organisation’s internal strengths and weaknesses, and its external opportunities and threats
- knowledge on how to apply a systematic approach to developing strategic goals and objectives.
David is an online professional who has been working on the web for nearly 20 years. He has experience with more than 1500 web sites and is a seasoned presenter, delivering workshops and lectures in online communication, writing for the web and social media strategy and creative. He was formerly ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.