Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
Different organizational strategies require different human resource management policies and practices. This course is designed to help human resources plan and make decisions about the allocation of resources for the effective management of people. Topics include: environmental scanning, forecasting supply and demand for human resources, successions planning, career planning, and business strategies.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the role and purpose of human resources and workforce planning, via strategic planning and HR service delivery
- Understand the importance of HR policy development
- Understand the external and internal business drivers impacting HR planning and HR service delivery
- Gain an understanding of contemporary HR issues and programs as they relate to downsizing, international HR, mergers, acquisitions, outsourcing, and HR IT/metrics
- Understand the concept of human resources as a “strategic business partner”
- Understand performance evaluation and explore some new concepts of performance management
- Explore the importance of succession planning and mentoring, and develop succession and mentoring plans
- Understand and develop effective training and development plans
Read more about Human Capital Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.