Women in Leadership Program
his new program is designed to develop women with purpose into leaders who have a profound impact in their organisations, communities and wider society. It provides established women leaders with the opportunity to invest in themselves, and transform the way that they lead, influence and innovate in organisations and challenging contexts.
Tailored to high-achieving women in both the public and private sectors, the program curriculum is highly integrated and provides an exceptional opportunity to learn from globally recognised faculty and experts in transformational leadership, power, influence, negotiations, strategy and innovation. Our School’s unique ability to bring together a cohort of talented and senior women will create an environment for participants to learn with each other and form a powerful and supportive network.
The Women in Leadership Program will enable you to take your skills to the next level. You will emerge with a stronger ability to:
- Lead for growth, using financial acumen, design thinking and a compelling impact narrative.
- Manage relationships up, down and sideways – understanding the roles of authenticity, trust, influence and resilience at a team and individual level.
- Navigate the ‘double bind’ of getting your voice heard without alienating others and use influence strategies that offer the best ability to achieve your objectives.
- Drive outcomes through the use of skilful negotiation tactics inside and outside your organisations
- Manage your physical and mental well-being in the context of your career and encourage others to do the same
Long after the completion of the program you will enjoy the value of a powerful local network, who support and advocate for each other.
This intensive program will equip participants with the skills, confidence and network to enable them to take the lead as change-makers in their organisations and communities.
The program explores the following key themes:
- Through dialogue develop an understanding of what leadership is (and isn’t) and your internal and external challenges to exercising leadership
- Understand what authenticity means for you and how you can be authentic without alienating others or disadvantaging yourself
Managing Difficult Conversations
- Understand the complexity of leading individuals effectively
- Receive and practice a process for managing one-on-one conversations that challenge thinking whilst maintaining good relationships and resolving conflict
Design Thinking and Innovation
- Influence development of the mindsets and behaviours needed for creative confidence
- Lead teams to learn and apply a Design Thinking methodology, in order to solve user and customer problems in new, innovative ways
Corporate Financial Acumen
- Understand how Corporate Finance functions – evaluating projects, financing the firm, managing risk, managing working capital – all support the creation and implementation of strategy
- Asking the right questions of the Finance team and engaging in corporate finance discussions at a Board level
Trust and Teaming
- Examine what makes teams dysfunctional, what makes teams effective and the how to build teams through building trust
- Review your contribution as a team member and provide the foundations for building effective teams
- Understand the nature and complexity of communication
- How to tell compelling, unique and impactful stories that engage and persuade others
Power and Influence
- How to navigate professional alliances with female and male colleagues
- Strategies that can make us appear more powerful and authoritative to others
- Explore the particular dilemmas faced by women when they negotiate, and how these can be overcome
- How to manage two obstacles that block constructive negotiations, others’ power plays and our own emotions
- Bringing presence and mindfulness to leadership
- Understand how simple practices of mindfulness can enhance our effectiveness and enjoyment in leadership positions
- Recognise and mitigate the effects of stress and respond to difficult events
- How to face challenges with strength and grace
You will also expand your knowledge, skills, and confidence as you learn how other successful women have approached key management and leadership challenges through our dinner speaker program.
Who should attend
- Women leaders in the C-suite, or aspiring to be in the C-suite in their next career move.
- They will have 10+ years of experience as leaders across a variety of industries.
- Each cohort will be carefully assembled to ensure diversity in industry, age and cultural background, ensuring a greater spread of experience and a stronger network.