Who should attend
Senior women leaders from all sectors and functions, as well as those currently sitting on non-profit boards, who are seeking to expand their governance acumen and network in preparation for corporate board ](http://)service
About the course
This intensive, experiential program is offered on campus or online and delivers a highly applicable toolkit of leadership skills, governance acumen and networking savvy that will prepare senior women executives, professionals and entrepreneurs to overcome the obstacles and seize the opportunities that they face in seeking corporate board service.
Key Program Topics
- Understanding the boardroom and your role as a director
- Case studies in board effectiveness
- Managing diversity from the boardroom
- Financial acumen for board directors
- Leading effectively / influencing without authority
- The science (and the art) of networking
- Decision-making in the midst of multiple perspectives
- Current issues in corporate governance
- Building your personal brand and board resume
Obstacles & Opportunities
The playing field tilts against you, the higher you rise. California Senate Bill 826 seeks to level the playing field.
The law has created an immediate need for 684 women to sit on the boards of just the top 3,000 public companies, with many smaller companies also needing to fill seats.
By taking our program you will:
- Understand your role as a board director
- Broaden your governance acumen
- Expand your board network
- Learn how to overcome individual and institutional biases
- Become an effective advocate for inclusive leadership
- Build your personal board brand
Biography Carla Hayn is a professor of accounting at UCLA Anderson School of Management and serves as the senior associate dean for Anderson’s Executive MBA and Global Executive MBA programs. In addition, she is the director of International Initiatives, a part of the Center for Global Management...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.