Who should attend
This programme is designed for women professionals and managers (minimum of 5 years of working experience) who are keen to accelerate and excel in their careers.
About the course
SMU’s Women and Leadership Programme is a highly reputable and unique programme and exclusively designed around the leadership development of female executives.
Core programme premise is to strive for personal leadership mastery first, before leading others. In addition, the programme aspires to reap the advantage of diversity, and showcases how organizations benefit when women leaders are represented at all levels of the organisation. Faculty will draw on thought leadership critical for the success of female leaders.
By the end of the programme, your key takeaways will include the following.
- In-depth understanding of the unique challenges faced by women executives in career advancement in Asia
- A change in self-limiting beliefs and behavioural patterns for realising your true potential.
- Strategic leadership insights, tools and skills to take your career to the next level
- An elite network of female professionals to work with in the future
- The ability to navigate in an environment or culture where gender poses a challenge
Combining various pedagogical methods including classroom lectures, case studies, roleplays, podcasts, videos, self-reflections and peer learning, this programme aims to integrate leading-edge research and industry insights with participants’ personal experiences, to provide practical learning about leadership and how to navigate the way to the top.
The topics covered in this programme are:
- Leading the self: Women often adopt behavioral patterns and mental models considered appropriate for their gender. These beliefs often create self-limiting behaviours and prevent women from realizing their true potential. Through this programme we explore alternatives to challenge our beliefs. Realising which behaviours get in our way of personal and professional success is a key insight. We also explore the topics of effective work-life integration, as well as creating a strategic network for your career success.
- Leading others: The programme explores how to lead from a strengths-based perspective. We will work on vital managerial skills such as negotiation and collaboration to achieve results in modern organisations. Special focus sits on leading across cultures and boundaries. Finally, we will hone your executive presence and strategic communication skills to rounds off the exclusive learning for female executives.
Tanvi GautamGeneral ManagementDr. Tanvi Gautam, Programme Director Inclusion & Diversity at SMU ExD, is an award winning c-suite coach and author and she works internationally with organizations to accelerate transformational leadership for the age of disruption. She is the director of a high...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.