Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Top managers of the wine industry;
- Producers/ Winemakers, Entrepreneurs;
- Marketing Directors, Export & Distribution Managers;
- Board members and Directors of Regional Demarcated Wine Commissions and Wine * Associations;
- Professionals of the wine sector and wine tourism;
- Managers of wine tourism destinations;
- Financial Executives in businesses related to the wine cluster;
- Managers of wineries;
- Enologists and wine experts;
- Wine and gastronomy critics;
- Consultancy experts;
- Those simply interested in learning about the wine management.
About the course
The Wine Management Program is a partnership between the CATÓLICA-LISBON and the Porto Biotechonology School of Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
This Program intends to give a solid training in management and business topics in the wine sector.
The program is attended by professors from internationally renowned universities such as UC DAVIS, a renowned California school considered one of the best in international rankings of enology and viticulture training, and KELLOGG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, the prestigious Chicago school, always present in the first places of the Executive Education and Executive MBA's world rankings.
- Provide advanced knowledge in wine business management;
- Provide skills in key areas of the wine industry, namely in management, finance, distribution, planning, marketing, consumer behaviour, e-business and wine tourism.
Key Benefits Points
- Joint Degree Program - Partnership between the Católica Lisbon School of Business and Economics, the leading school in Portugal in Executive Education, and the Porto Biotechnology School, with solid experience and know how in the themes of Winemaking and Wine Sector.
- Understanding the concepts and themes of the Wine Industry, through a strategic and operational vision with tools to maximize business opportunities and make businesses more competitive;
- Distinguished faculty, which includes several PhD’s, with a solid academic background and professional experience from international universities such as the UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA - DAVIS - Department of Viticulture and Enology, the prestigious California school considered one of the best in international rankings of enology and viticulture training. It also counts with the participation of professors of the world-wide school in Executive MBA and in the Executive Education, KELLOGG SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT of Chicago.
- Networking with participants and industry experts;
- Seminars provided by world top speakers from the wine industry.
- PLUS: Wines of Portugal Academy Program Level II - Official Certification in Portuguese Wines promoted by Wines of Portugal
Sergio Rebelo is the Tokai Bank Chair in International Finance at the Kellogg School of Management, where he has served as Chair of the Finance Department. Professor Rebelo does research on macroeconomics and international finance. He has studied the causes of business cycles, the impact of econ...
Responsible for Sogrape Vinhos' Institutional lobby at EU and national (Portugal & Spain) levels, direct and in conjuction with trade associations. Previously responsible for Sogrape Vinhos Public Relations Group and International Sales directly and through distributors for a full wine portf...
MBA at Católica-Nova. Former Senior Director for Strategy and Advancement at CATÓLICA-LISBON. Currently she teaches in the CATÓLICA-LISBON MSc programs, where she also coordinates some Executive Programs in management, marketing and sales and health management related to the pharmaceutical area. ...
Assistant Professor at the College of Biotechnology of the Portuguese Catholic University and Researcher of CBQF (Fine Chemistry and Biotechnology Centre) (2006 – present). He got his B.Sc. degree in Biology (Scientific-Technological branch) from the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Porto...
Dr. Kaan Kurtural joined the department November 2015 as a new Cooperative Extension Specialist in Viticulture. Dr. Kurtural’s research focuses on three main parts with short and long-term outcomes: improving production efficiency in vineyards by applying principles of canopy and crop load mana...
Degree in Agronomy at the Higher Institute of Agronomy in Lisbon (1980). Later he did a post -graduate degree in Viticulture and Enology at the Superior National School of Agronomy of Montpellier, France. CEO of the Association for the Development of Viticulture Duriense. Professor of Winemaking,...
Holds a PhD in Regional and Urban Planning (in the field of Tourism) from the Higher Technical Institute, Masters in Management and Environmental Policies from the University of Aveiro and Undergraduate Degree in Tourism from the University of the Algarve, including an exchange year at the Univer...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.