Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Weatherhead School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Are you faced with leading a complex change in your organization? Do you feel fully equipped to make this change? The uncertainty and high pressure of change situations impact the leader’s mindset in many ways, with implications for themselves, their team as well as their results.
This program provides powerful tools for cultivating mindfulness during the stress of leading adaptive change. Understanding and intentionally shifting how your mind works in the face of change is a powerful leadership asset. Mindfulness can spark novel insights and opportunities and sustain your team through difficult terrain. Overall, it enables you to support your team in ways that increase better chances for success.
Expect to use a real challenge as a focal point for our work together. Our goal is to provide practical and applicable tools to enhance your ability to lead change
- Recognizing the significance of boundaries, authority, roles, and tasks in leading
- Practicing mindfulness to manage the fear of difficult adaptive change
- Understanding key distinctions between technical tasks, adaptive challenges, authority and leadership
- The neuroscience of stressors and pain in the process of adaptive change
- Holding your organization steady through the zone of productive disequilibrium
- Using mindfulness to identify the heart and faces of danger to thrive in adaptive change
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify maladaptive personal patterns that thwart possibilites of change
- Distinguish between role and self in the practice of leading
- Expand capacity to cultivate relationships to support adaptive change
- Practice managing unproductive nervous system responses and reactions
- Ability to apply mindfulness techniques as a strategic tool for mindful leading
Who should attend
This program is designed for team and project leaders at any organizational level, within any functional area. It is ideal for those who want to tie the personal practice of mindfulness directly to their leadership skills and strategies.
Trust the experts
Jeremy Hunter, PhD is the great-grandson of a sumo wrestler. He serves as Associate Professor of Practice at the Peter F. Drucker Graduate School of Management. For over a decade, he has helped leaders develop themselves while retaining their humanity in the face of monumental change and challen...
Dr. Carmen F. Foster has an extensive professional portfolio spanning over thirty years in public, academic & museum administration, as well as community outreach and nonprofit board leadership. Currently, she serves on the faculty for the Federal Executive Institute in Charlottesville, Virgi...
Connecting Motivating and Inspiring Others through Empathy