Who should attend
Aimed at those who want to better reach and communicate with their target audiences while understanding and building social media skills, including small business owners and those working in government, small to large enterprises, not-for-profits, and board-run organizations.
About the course
Understand why and how decisions are made around visual communications and acquire the tools you’ll need to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of social media. Learn basic design principles that will inform your decisions and help you create an effective and visually-pleasing online presence. Explore ways of using these principles to emphasize the message that is being delivered.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Define design terminology and concepts.
- Explore the relationships between legibility, typography, and page layout.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of the design process and key principles of design.
- Acquire skills in how to size and frame images.
- Apply an understanding of the importance that composition plays in visual communication.
- Apply knowledge of colour theory to branding.
Kathleen is an award-winning senior communications professional with 20 years of marketing, PR, brand and digital experience in a broad range of roles and sectors and a post-secondary instructor with 12 years of teaching and instructional design experience. She has a Master of Arts in Communicat...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.