Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Women and men with 5 or more years of professional experience directing people and/or projects
- Any business leader who aspires to have greater influence and impact in his/her organization
- Anyone invested in the advancement of women executives into the senior ranks of an organization's leadership
- Leader or members of a women's employee resource group who want inspiration about future workshops, training, coaching, or activities for your company
About the course
Open the doors to advancement Despite advancements in workplace diversity and inclusion, one of the most enduring challenges is the underrepresentation of women (and, by definition, the overrepresentation of men) in leadership positions, especially at the top ranks of an organization. Differences in leadership styles and unconscious biases often affect the opportunities and roles available to women. Navigating this environment requires an understanding of the dynamics at the top levels of the workplace and developing strategies to address any misalignments.
In this program, you will critically examine the issues facing women who aspire to hold leadership positions. You’ll also explore the strategies employed by those who have successfully navigated to top organizational roles. In a supportive, live-virtual environment, you will explore the latest research on women in business, discuss best practices, and reflect on how you can be a more effective leader when managing and navigating the corporate landscape.
In four live-virtual and highly stimulating sessions, held on consecutive days, you will learn through case studies, research reviews, experiential exercises, and rich discussion how to navigate the challenges of managing or influencing people who are different from you, and improve your overall effectiveness. Attending with several people from your organization is highly recommended.
- Understanding Influence: Stereotypes, Bias, and The Leadership Gap
- Communicating Influence: Buy-in, Feedback, and Linguistics
- Navigating Influence: Leaning In, leaning Back, and Systemic Change
- Knowing Your Own Influence: Success, Careers, and Life Stories
At the end of the program, you will:
- Gain a broad intellectual understanding of why the gender leadership gap persists in organizational settings
- Understand the barriers and obstacles that women (and men) sometimes face when pursuing and occupying leader roles
- Improve your ability to analyze gender stereotypes, biases, and discrimination – be it implicit, subtle, explicit, or blatant – that can persist in organizations
- Learn how to actively manage social perceptions and impressions to help improve work relationships
- Discover how to negotiate influence to help attain parity and equity in the workplace
- Recognize the extent to which intersecting social identities inform a better and more accurate depiction of leadership experiences and disparities
- Develop an understanding of strategies that have been successfully implemented to help close the gender leadership gap
- Learn the meaning of success to you and understand how it can change over time
Benefits to Organizations
By sponsoring employees’ attendance, you will:
- Learn how to make diversity your organization’s strategic advantage by maximizing the strengths of high performers
- Learn why some corporate cultures tend to facilitate or hinder equity and how to empower positive change agents
- Equip a few of your “culture influencers” with ideas for starting new or developing current employee resource groups
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Women Leadership
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.