Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
As the construction industry is rapidly evolving, Virtual Design and Construction (VDC) is being increasingly used to effectively translate client building performance objectives into measurable project and production plans. In this course, you'll gain knowledge in workflow, design planning and virtual modeling through VDC and how it can improve the building experience in three ways:
- Concurrent orchestration of multiple disciplines to design useable, operable and sustainable buildings
- Integration of information that's made seamlessly accessible to support a project team
- Workflows carried out by the project team to lead to decisions that will stick
- Framework of VDC
- Client, project and production metrics
- Integrated Concurrent Engineering (ICE)
- Building Imagining Models (BIM) overview and applications
- 4D Modeling
- Challenges and case studies of VDC
Professor Fischer's research goals are to improve the productivity of project teams involved in designing, building, and operating facilities and to enhance the sustainability of the built environment. His work develops the theoretical foundations and applications for virtual design and construct...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.