Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Western Ontario University.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Strengthen your overall communication strategy by using video that will grab attention and enable you to effectively convey your message to viewers. Discover how a well produced video can benefit your organization by enhancing your image and reinforcing your brand.
- Steps to planning an effective short video project
- Various types of shots and their value in video productions
- Implementing strategies to enhance audio quality
- Lighting set ups that add to the professionalism of video productions
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effectively produced videos to their organization’s communication/marketing efforts;
- Summarize and compare the strengths/weaknesses of different styles of cameras;
- Implement steps to planning an effective short video project;
- Recognize and recall the key rules of video shooting
- Differentiate between various types of shots and recognize their value in video productions;
- Generate a powerful video interview;
- Implement strategies to enhance audio quality;
- Create lighting set ups that add to the professionalism of video productions;
- Understand very basic editing strategies
What to Expect
This is an interactive workshop, which may include lectures, group exercises, role-play and discussion. Come prepared to share your experiences, opinions and perspectives with the class. There are no exams, quizzes or homework!
Trust the experts
After 20 years working in communications for local hospitals, Scott joined Western University as Campus Communications Consultant in 2004. As Campus Communications Consultant for Western University, Scott May works with various programs at Western assisting with strategic communications. Scot...