Our Venture Capital program is for investors and entrepreneurs keen to hone their financial and interpersonal skills for venture capital initiatives. Over two days, industry professionals guide participants through the deal process, combining class-based theory with practical group activities. Participants will learn how to refine due diligence practices and confront common challenges of the venture capital market. Above all, the program provides a perfect opportunity for investors and entrepreneurs to meet and establish relationships that will drive value creation in the modern market.
Should participants wish to cover a wider range of investment asset classes, they will have access to the Private Equity program with a 30% concession.
- Offers an insight into the processes and challenges on both sides of the negotiating table.
- Gives investors and entrepreneurs the opportunity to establish working relationships.
- The role-play element of the program simulates real-life venture capital processes.
- Meet with other investors and entrepreneurs.
- Hone your negotiation skills from both a personal and financial perspective.
- Receive constructive feedback from world-leading professionals.
The Venture Capital program integrates class-based theory with case studies and group discussions to teach participants the relevant approaches to the venture capital process. Professors encourage the use of creative tools to solve negotiation bottlenecks and role-play sessions provide the perfect backdrop for participants to share ideas and feedback.
DAY 1: SCREENING AND VALUATION OF INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- What to look for in a startup project.
- Teaser screening.
- Valuation of potential investments.
- Overview of valuation methods.
- The VC method.
- Structuring and funding instruments.
- Structuring the deal.
- Funding instruments.
- Pricing of the investment.
DAY 2: NEGOTIATION OF A DEAL AND DUE DILIGENCE
- Early-stage investor-entrepreneur meetings.
- Term sheet and documentation: red flags and key clauses (financial, corporate governance, people, share vesting).
- Negotiation techniques.
- Due diligence, an ongoing task.
- Investor’s perspective.
DAY 3: PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
- Maximize returns through active portfolio management.
- Portfolio evaluation.
- Optimum risk/reward ratio.
- Value creation and exit strategies.
- Value drivers.
- Exit strategies (IPO, trade sale, secondary buy-out).
- Partial exits, next rounds.
Who should attend
Venture Capital or private equity firms, family offices, financial institutions, corporate VC groups, professional service firms, consulting firms, advisory firms, foundations and other institutions that promote entrepreneurship, entrepreneurs in high-potential businesses, start-up leaders, chief investment officers, investment principals, managers or directors, business angels, individual investors and business lawyers.