About the course
Whether you're growing through the ranks at a VC firm or want to become an angel investor, the Venture Capital Angel Investor Program is designed to hand you all the necessary tools to make real investments and guide you through your first investment decisions step by step.
WHY YOU SHOULD ENROLL
Getting to the moment of writing a check requires not only you to be ready to take this responsibility, but also the desire of the startup to accept your money, as well as willingness of other investors to co-invest with you. We assist you in achieving all of these components.
HOW THE PROGRAM IS DIFFERENT FROM ALTERNATIVES
The VC Angel Investor Program is designed to help you become a senior investment professional and achieve the following objectives:
- Build your investor profile and industry presence.
- Fill your investing toolbox with the necessary tools.
- Help you become invaluable to entrepreneurs.
- Guide you through your first investments, step by step.
HOW DOES THIS WORK?
- Step 1 If necessary, learn and practice deal-sourcing, due diligence, and deal-making with an assigned tutor from our pool of venture capital investors. Arm yourself with a set of tools necessary for making investments.
- Step 2 Raise your professional profile, identify the value that you can bring to entrepreneurs, start building your industry presence and developing relationships with startup founders and other investors with the help of our coaches.
- Step 3 Walk the path from finding an investment opportunity to conducting due diligence, to closing a deal and writing a check with the support of your tutor. Build a pattern of the deal-making process to follow.
Education M.A., Political Science, University of California, Berkeley B.A., Mass Communications, University of California, Berkeley—Summa cum laude B.A., Political Science, University of California, Berkeley—Summa cum Laude Positions Held At Haas since 2010 2014 – present, Managing Partner, ...
Rik Willard is the Founder and Managing Director of Agentic Group, a federation of dozens of blockchain and related companies throughout the world. The company is headquartered in New York City. The mission of Agentic Group is to promote and sustain the blockchain ecosystem through education, co...
Cynthia Ringo is a Senior Partner of DBL Partners, and a Managing Partner of a prior fund managed under DBL Investors. Ms. Ringo currently sits on the board of directors of The RealReal, Urbansitter, Brainscope, Maiyet, RubyRibbon and Siva Power, and works with View, Yerdle, Kateeva and Apeel Sci...
Leonard Grayver joined the firm in 2002, and co-chairs the firm's Emerging Company and International Business Transactions practice groups. He is fluent in Russian, and many of his international clients are from Russia, Ukraine and the former Soviet Union. He is the co-founder of the Eastern Euro...
Renata George is an entrepreneur turned VC. She currently works in corporate venturing. Aside from operating a venture fund, Renata makes venture capital education more accessible, and is passionate about advancing women and representatives of minority groups in the venture capital industry. She...
Danielle Strachman (General Partner) - Danielle is a cofounder and general partner of 1517. She has worked with young entrepreneurs for about a decade. In 2010, during the founding of the Thiel Fellowship, Danielle joined to lead the design and operations. She's worked with some of the most prest...
Geoffrey Baehr is a General Partner at Almaz Capital investing in areas ranging from security and networking to analytics and big data technologies. Being a top-level technological expert Geoffrey evaluates technical merit of startups and plays a role of in-house CTO. He is currently working on...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Read more about Entrepreneurship
Read more about Venture capital
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.