Who should attend
This course is designed for safety and health professionals, process-improvement specialists, industrial engineers, managers, and anyone with interest in safety and health or lean and process improvement.
About the course
Corporate environmental, health & safety (EHS) programs can be transformed from the traditional cost-center model to a value-generating contributor through the application of lean enterprise (continuous process improvement) methods. Value-Added Safety is an integrated problem solving approach that connects workplace hazards with non-value-added activities (wastes), promoting organizational collaboration and win-win scenarios across production and EHS functional areas. You will learn the principles of Value-Added Safety and gain applied understanding through interactive simulations and exercises to improve production and workplace safety outcomes.
What You Will Learn
- Value-Added Safety definition and meaning
- How to identity both workplace hazards and non-value-added activities (wastes)
- Methods to connect workplace hazards with lean wastes to common causes within a process
- Integrated approaches to improve both workplace safety and productivity
- How to use simulations to solve workplace safety and lean waste problems simultaneously
- The impacts that Value-Added Safety has on production and safety outcomes
How You Will Benefit
- Explore an integrated approach for improving both production processes and safety outcomes collaboratively.
- Participate in simulations to solve workplace safety and lean waste problems simultaneously.
- Address process and safety concurrently to promote greater benefits to your organization.
- INTRODUCTION TO VALUE-ADDED SAFETY
- VALUE STREAM MAPPING AND SAFETY
- SEEING HAZARDS AND WASTE
- CONNECTING HAZARDS AND WASTES TO COMMON CAUSES
- LEVERAGE LEAN SOLUTIONS FOR SAFETY AND PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENTS
Tom Sammon is a Lean Services project manager for the Georgia Institute of Technology regional office in Carrollton where he focuses on implementing lean manufacturing practices and helping companies develop capital equipment applications. His 15 years of experience have been in the field of ind...
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.