Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
Transform how you create and implement valuable user experiences. In this UX design course you’ll gain hands-on experience and direct knowledge of working on a real brief for an actual client. Learn together with Product Designer Anna Lundkvist (Spotify, ex: Readly and Doberman) and Design Director Tobias Ahlin (ex: Spotify, Mojang and GitHub)
A UX design course for today & tomorrow
A user’s experience (UX) is fundamental for businesses looking to engage, attract, and retain visitors to its online platform. In just a matter of seconds, the user can be all in or bouncing out of a website.
This UX design course helps to turn you into the design hero that both businesses and users are counting on to make the online experience the best it can possibly be. You’ll explore the thought process behind designing user journeys before building your knowledge by taking on real-world case studies. And you don’t need to be a digital expert to take this UX design course. Our team of industry experts will support you throughout, so you can be confident in ensuring everything falls into the right place.
What you will be doing
Learn with trusted practitioners A chance to get real-life insights from actual industry experts, who will support you in adapting your mindset and skills in design.
Renowned Learning Methodology Experience methodology that focuses on team collaboration instead of individual effort, and challenges you to grow personally and professionally.
Solve a real business challenge You’ll gain hands-on experience and direct knowledge of working on a real brief for an actual client.
Practical workshops and speaker sessions Sessions with course leaders to troubleshoot your hurdles and support your progress. Workshops to experiment and explore peer-based learning.
Explore Human-centred Design Thinking Grow your confidence in the theory and implementation of a design thinking approach.
Empathise with your Customer Learn to understand behaviors, characteristics, and motivations of your customers. Explore user research tools and determine good and bad user experience from studying existing consumer journeys. Big Picture UX.
Customer Journey Mapping How to explore human-centered design thinking and customer journey mapping to generate insights. Observe and understand what powers your users toward an intended goal or scenario – understanding friction vs opportunity in user experience.
Prototype your Ideas Build storyboards, scenarios, and wireframes to develop user experiences. Experiment and test ideas with rapid prototypes.
Innovate through Technology Explore global trends in digital interface design. Discover technical ideas in responsive design. Design for multi-platform experiences.
Take it Beyond the Team Understand, describe and discuss the value and implementation of user experience design, and how it provides business benefits. So that you can engage and bring clients and colleagues along the journey with you. You’ll learn how to discuss the impact of UX thinking on marketing and advertising campaigns.
What you will learn
By the time you finish this UX design course, you should have acquired knowledge and skills that you’ll be able to use right away in your work or add to your resume.
- Understand all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with a company, its services and its products
- Understand behaviors, characteristics, and motivations of customer
- The ability to identify and communicate customer experience insights and map a customer journeys
- Understand the difference between ‘friction’ and ‘opportunity’ when it comes to UX
- Ability to describe how UX methodology provides business benefits and describe the impact of UX methodology on marketing and advertising
- Understanding of and ability to act on hinders & opportunities connected to implementation of UX
- Ability to engage colleagues and implement UX methodology in your organisation and to clearly present and communicate UX insights to others
Day 1: Big Picture UX & The Fundamentals of Design Thinking in Practice
- Describe how UX thinking provides business benefits
- Explore human-centered design thinking and customer journey
- mapping to generate insights
- Discuss the impact of UX thinking on marketing and
- advertising campaigns
- The UX methods
- Processes and beliefs – what is a UX delivery – a perspective from different industries
- UX deepdive: UX and machine learning
- Meeting the client and receiving the UX brief
Day 2: Turning Observations into insights, Psychology of UX, Rapid Iteration and Prototyping
- The UX toolbox
- Best practices on key features, log in, search, and filter
- Relevant case studies
- Embark on idea generation, selection, and development of solution for the brief
- Try different tools for prototyping and design your solution in your team
- Hands-on coaching from industry experts
Day 3: Bringing It Home
- Tweak your solution
- Present your ideas back to the client
- Discuss and identify key learnings and insights from the Lab
- Discuss opportunities for implementation and application of these learnings, including how to engage colleagues in these ideas (pass-it-on)
- Individual action plan
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.