Understanding the Impact of Digital Transformation in the Supply Chain
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Supply Chain & Logistics (SCL) is undergoing a significant transformation as new technologies are being developed and deployed that bring increasing insight and opportunities to improve operations, reduce cost, and insure compliance. In this course, you will learn about how the Digital Transformation Imperative is enabling significant changes to SCL with the application of new digital technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT). Exercises and demonstrations will help reinforce the concepts presented in the lectures.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify and contribute to the Digital Transformation Imperative
- Key IoT market trends
- The name, purpose, and functions of the components within digital SCL and IoT transformation
- How the DNA of IoT impacts and applies to SCL
- Digital management strategies to reduce cost, risk, and maximize efficiency
- How to generate business operations efficiency using new digital transformation tools
- The value of Operational Technology (OT)/IT convergence
- The value and role of security
- The value and role of analytics
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the terminology of the digital transformation.
- Lead management level conversations with IT, engineering and operations leaders, and external vendors.
- Add value to your company’s current and future IT versus OT convergence initiatives by leveraging this knowledge to impact change within your current or future position(s).
- Become familiar with the IoT ecosystem and its overall end to end architecture.
- Understand the breadth, scope, and value of data science and analytics impact on SCL and the business.
- Learn to align corporate SCL business objectives to an enterprise digital strategy.
- Utilize the digital transformation SCL playbook provided as a part of this class that enables students to apply what they have learned in their own professions.
- Identify strategic partners who add value to your corporate initiatives.
- Discover the impact of digital transformation on your organizations.
Who should attend
This course is designed for non-technical corporate management, as well as business, operations, and SCL professionals. Example titles include chief supply chain officers; vice presidents, directors, and managers of supply chain, logistics, procurement, manufacturing, sales operations, business transformation, customer service, and fulfillment; company owners; and consultants.