This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Supply Chain & Logistics (SCL) is undergoing a significant transformation as new technologies are being developed and deployed that bring increasing insight and opportunities to improve operations, reduce cost, and insure compliance. In this course, you will learn about how the Digital Transformation Imperative is enabling significant changes to SCL with the application of new digital technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT). Exercises and demonstrations will help reinforce the concepts presented in the lectures.
What You Will Learn
- How to identify and contribute to the Digital Transformation Imperative
- Key IoT market trends
- The name, purpose, and functions of the components within digital SCL and IoT transformation
- How the DNA of IoT impacts and applies to SCL
- Digital management strategies to reduce cost, risk, and maximize efficiency
- How to generate business operations efficiency using new digital transformation tools
- The value of Operational Technology (OT)/IT convergence
- The value and role of security
- The value and role of analytics
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the terminology of the digital transformation.
- Lead management level conversations with IT, engineering and operations leaders, and external vendors.
- Add value to your company’s current and future IT versus OT convergence initiatives by leveraging this knowledge to impact change within your current or future position(s).
- Become familiar with the IoT ecosystem and its overall end to end architecture.
- Understand the breadth, scope, and value of data science and analytics impact on SCL and the business.
- Learn to align corporate SCL business objectives to an enterprise digital strategy.
- Utilize the digital transformation SCL playbook provided as a part of this class that enables students to apply what they have learned in their own professions.
- Identify strategic partners who add value to your corporate initiatives.
- Discover the impact of digital transformation on your organizations.
- Data explosion, consolidation, autonomous
- Data as a valued resource – analyze, trend, decide
- Connected versus smart versus autonomous
WHAT IS THE DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION? WHY IS IT HERE?
- Drivers of digital transformation
- Information technology versus operational technology including challenges
- New emerging technologies (AI, RTOS, FuSa, Security, 5G, etc.)
WHAT IS THE DNA OF IOT?
- Devices, networks, and applications
- Edge versus fog versus cloud computing
- Recent SCL innovations and resources
END TO END ARCHITECTURE OF SCL TRANSFORMATION AND STRATEGY
- Sensors, devices, edge/fog computing, networks, clouds, security, data warehousing, and analytics
ORGANIZATION IMPACTS (IT, OPS)
- Where and how you make improvements in your organization
SECURITY THREATS AND CHALLENGES
- Solutions, including Block Chain
ANALYTICS IMPACT ON SCL
- Why is analytics the key your success?
- Pre-requisites and steps to leverage an analytics driven business
ECOSYSTEM (SOLUTION PROVIDERS, EQUIPMENT BUILDERS, TECHNOLOGY PROVIDERS, CONSORTIA’S)
- What standards are being set: technology and SCL processes
SCL STRATEGIES AND RESOURCES FOR DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION AND IOT
- How to plan your SCL digital transformation (lab exercise)
- How to summarize and review SCL playbook of resources: vendors, suppliers, and centers of knowledge
Who should attend
This course is designed for non-technical corporate management, as well as business, operations, and SCL professionals. Example titles include chief supply chain officers; vice presidents, directors, and managers of supply chain, logistics, procurement, manufacturing, sales operations, business transformation, customer service, and fulfillment; company owners; and consultants.
Trust the experts
Russ Clark is a senior research scientist in Georgia Tech's School of Computer Science, who engages hundreds of students each semester in mobile development, networking and the Internet of Things research. He emphasizes innovation, entrepreneurship and industry involvement in student projects and...