Who should attend
This course is designed for those who need to understand ISO 50001, potential internal auditors, those implementing or working with an energy management system, energy managers, and facility managers.
About the course
In this six-hour online and interactive course, you will gain an understanding of terms, context, leadership, planning, support, operational planning, performance evaluation, improvement, requirements and the benefits of implementing ISO 50001-2018 in detail.
What You Will Learn
- ISO 50001 terms and definitions
- Energy use, consumption, and performance
- The Plan-Do-Act-Check model for improving energy performance
- Data management
- Engery performance metrics
- ISO 50001 registration criteria
How You Will Benefit
- Improve operations and energy management performance.
- Reduce energy consumption and improve energy performance.
- Reduce environmental impacts.
- Gain credibility and a better public image.
- Increase the awareness and competency of your workforce.
- Improve relationships with contractors and suppliers.
- Integrate energy management into organizational priorities.
Deann Desai is a project manager for Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. She is actively involved in ISO committees on a variety of topics. She provides implementation assistance and training to companies pursuing ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 50001. Desai has experience in energy mana...
Holly Grell-Lawe is a Principal Research Associate and Project Manager with Energy & Sustainability Services at Georgia Tech’s Enterprise Innovation Institute, where she specializes in environmental, energy and sustainability management systems for industry and government. Lawe develops and p...
Randall A. Green, M.P.A. (Randy) is an Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice and Political Science at Georgia Highlands College. He is a former Regional Director with the State of Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles. Mr. Green completed a thirty-two year law enforcement career in July 2011, af...
Assistant Director of Georgia Tech's Industrial Assessment Center (IAC) program. Coordinated a team of faculty and student engineers providing energy, waste, and productivity assessments for manufacturers in Georgia and North Florida. Tasks include hiring/training students, developing facility-wi...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.