Understanding Finance to Influence Strategic Decisions – Finance for Successful Strategy
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Oxford Management Centre.Full disclaimer.
Are you up to speed with the core principles of finance and their links with strategic decisions, and financial planning? Could you use the financial tools, techniques and know-how that influence strategic decision-making and apply them in real-life business situations? A “yes” to these questions is essential. These skills provide the foundation for your organisation’s economic survival, development and growth, and this seminar will enable non-financial and financial professionals at every level to make better-informed decisions to improve financial performance.
This Oxford seminar is presented in a very hands-on way to suit individuals with varying levels of financial knowledge and experience. The Instructor’s own commercial career experiences and many other real-world business scenarios are shared throughout this stimulating seminar to provide a thorough training in the subjects covered, and illustrate and reinforce the practical application of best practice. Workshop principles are followed that include presentations, worked examples and group discussion, promoting exchange of ideas to provide an enjoyable and interactive experience.
By the end of this Oxford seminar, you will have significantly up skilled to be able to:
- Think Strategically for Improved Decision-Making to Maximise Shareholder Wealth
- Analyse and Interpret the Three Key Financial Statements and Link them to Financial Planning, Budgeting and Decision-Making
- Consider Alternative Costing Systems for more Effective Budgeting and Improved Financial Performance
- Identify and Evaluate the Alternative Sources of Internal and External Financing
- Apply the Vital Technique of Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) for Capital Investment Appraisal and Budgeting
- Use Appropriate Risk Management of Interest Rates and Foreign Currency Exchange Rates Exposures
- Linking Strategic Management, Decision- Making, Financial Planning and Budgeting in Setting Corporate Objectives
- Accountability for Creating Value and Maximisation of Shareholder Wealth and Maintaining Good Corporate Governance
- The Financial Statements: Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cash Flows, and their Links with Financial Decision- Making
- Financial Planning, Modelling and Determination of Financing Requirements
- Sources of Internal and External Financing and the Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt, and WACC, and Optimisation of Capital Structure
- Refining the Costing Systems and Measurement Systems and Using ABM to Support Financial Decision Making
- Capital Investment Projects Appraisal using ARR, Payback, the DCF methods of NPV, IRR, MIRR, EAC, and PI, and Sensitivity Analysis, Scenario Analysis and Simulation
- Linking Strategic Objectives to Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Exposures to Interest Rate and Foreign Currency Exchange Rate Fluctuations
- Mitigating and Minimising Financial Risk using Insurance and Hedging
Who should attend
Every role and at every management level in any organisation to appreciate how an understanding of finance has a crucial influence on successful strategic decision-making. This seminar is essential for a wide range of professionals from companies, corporations and governmental organisations. It will upskill and refresh accountants, controllers, finance directors, and other finance professionals active in the planning process, and greatly benefit business professionals working in manufacturing, engineering, human resources, and project management roles.