Understanding Commodity Markets and Commodity Trading
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IFF Training.Full disclaimer.
As the Chinese, Indian and emerging economies continue to develop, commodities markets saw spectacular gains and fund managers sought to monetise this performance by investing directly or indirectly in this asset class. However the capital expenditure, shale oil, over supply in many commodities has caused a dramatic reversal of the commodity ‘bull’ market with the supply/demand factors failing to respond. Exchanges have made commodities easier to trade whilst investment houses have created products to replicate the underlying commodities’ movements. The fundamentals of commodities are changing: volatility has increased so investors need strategies to optimise returns - whether hedging or investing directly. This course covers all aspects of the commodity classes, commodity investment and the principal price drivers in both the physical and on the exchanges, producer, manufacturer and user supply/demand characteristics and pricing.
OVER THREE INTENSIVE DAYS YOU WILL LEARN:
- The fundamental characteristics and trading risks of commodity markets
- How to capitalise on the different opportunities each sector presents
- How each commodity trades – the physical, the exchanges and the products
- Practical trading strategies and techniques for the different commodity markets, including: Base metals, energy, softs and precious metals
- How to optimise your use of commodity derivatives as a robust trading and hedging tool
How You Will Learn
Draw on Steve's extensive experience, in both his career and as a course trainer, to understand the market and the current developments fully
Three intensive days of practical training will leave you with the confidence and knowledge to optimise your use of commodity derivatives as a robust trading and hedging tool