Understanding Annual Reports
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Vlerick Business School Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
An annual report gives a picture of the financial capability of your company. But how do you read the balance sheet? This programme tells you the story behind the numbers in the annual accounts. You learn to understand the balance sheet, profit-and-loss statement, cash flow overview and how to carry out a ratio-analysis. You become familiar with the most relevant essential concepts and put it into practice with real-life examples.
Want to learn how to use financial terminology and how to assess the health of your organisation via an interactive and professional approach? Come and join.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
What is the added value of following the programme 'Understanding Annual Reports'?
Play with the key concepts in Accounting and Finance via our interactive FAST© simulation game. Become an expert at subjecting the figures to a financial analysis.
The programme 'Understanding Annual Reports' consists of two days:
Module 1: Introduction to Annual Reports
- Key concepts
- FAST© simulation game
- Balance sheet and profit-and-loss account
- Cash flow
Module 2: Interpretation of Balance Sheets and Profit-and-Loss Accounts
- Financial analysis of the figures
- Practice-based case studies
- What are liquidity, profitability and solvency?
- What does value-added really mean?
Who should attend
- Professionals who want to acquire a thorough basic knowledge in interpreting the financial reporting of an organisation
- Anyone without financial background and looking for a course on the fundamentals of financial management