Who should attend
The UCLA Anderson GMP is designed for high potential business leaders and emerging stars with several years of management experience, who direct specific functional areas of a dynamic enterprise. Global enterprises use the program to prepare candidates for senior level general management positions. Established entrepreneurs and other professionals rely on the program to expand their ability to take their businesses to the next level of success.
Program is suitable for professionals with:
- High-quality experience with significant responsibilities and a demonstrated career progression in a corporate or entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience in leading teams and managing projects/ products/ people, preferred (but not required).
- A minimum of 8+ years of work experience.
- An undergraduate degree with a strong academic track record.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
About the course
UCLA General Management Program (UCLA GMP) is a Global and World Class General Management Program offered by UCLA Anderson School of Management, one of the top Global Business Schools. Arguably the first program of its kind for Americas, this one-year program is focused on applied learning of Advanced Management concepts for Senior Executives and Business Owners. Its part-time, modular format provides great flexibility and UCLA faculty and industry leaders ensure that the program covers all aspects of best-in-class Management Education, expected from a highly respected and globally renowned institution. The UCLA GMP program puts you on the global leadership map, with a combination of strategies, skills, and acumen that will stretch your thinking, and hone your abilities as a leader and manager capable of achieving remarkable growth in your business.
Apart from becoming part of your own cohort community and building an enviable network, participants graduate from the UCLA GMP as a member of the outstanding UCLA Anderson alumni network. This entitles the participants to:
- Global Alumni Status and privileges. As a member of distinguished UCLA Anderson alumni network, you will have access to more than 39,000 alumni who have graduated from UCLA Anderson since its founding in 1935.
- An Anderson email address that will forward to your preferred email account (e.g firstname.lastname@example.org). This does not expire ever.
- UCLA Anderson Alumni Directory and Alumni LinkedIn Groups
- UCLA Anderson Email Listservs
You will also be invited to attend:
- The Alumni Conference (held during Alumni Weekend)
- UCLA Anderson Alumni Events that occur globally thanks to the efforts of the school and/or the UCLA Anderson Alumni Network Chapters and Groups.
You will also receive:
- Dean’s Quarterly Newsletter
- Anderson Assets (the school’s official online publication)
UCLA GMP has been designed to expose the participants to Management and Business Leadership essentials, in an extensive General Management curriculum that is designed to be experiential in learning and applied in focus. UCLA Anderson has been offering executive education programs for more than seven decades. These programs conform to the highest standards of quality and are taught by some of the best faculty in the world. UCLA GMP promises the same elite experience to participants joining the program from all parts of the world.
The videos and testimonials below capture the experience of programs and participants in different UCLA Anderson Executive Education Programs, who are all taught by the same world-class faculty and learn on the same UCLA campus as the MBA and Executive MBA Programs.
The program curriculum design ensures that participants develop abroad General management perspective as well as extensive functional knowledge of management essentials from a local and global perspective. Participants will also hone analytical problem-solving skills directly relevant to the most critical global business and organizational issues.
Intense work, led by world-class faculty and fueled by peer synergy, challenges your potential and shows you how to reach it in the UCLA GMP Program. The focus of the Program is your development as a leader with strong interpersonal skills, capable of envisioning, communicating and implementing positive change in your business. The program structure outlined below is subject to periodic curriculum review and the modules taught are subject to change in content and coverage.
Various Experiential learning techniques that drive home the applicability of the program sessions and develop vital skills as a team builder, leader, and member, include:
- Hands-on simulations, taken from the current business world, force you to adapt to multiple team roles, excel at problem-solving, and swiftly master complexity, as you generate and stress-test ideas.
- Case competitions that draw upon the application of all your acquired knowledge and enhanced leadership abilities. Your team skills will be put to the test as your group takes on a real business, marshals fact-based decision-making and devises a unique, practical solution to its challenges for review by an elite panel of judges.
- Access to executive coaching during UCLA on-campus sessions from LA-based coaches, that will help you clarify your goals and develop an action plan to sharpen the effectiveness of your leadership behaviors. Your UCLA Anderson professors remain engaged in your success and open to contact long after the program ends.
Dr. Iris Firstenberg is an Adjunct Associate Professor of Psychology, UCLA and Adjunct Associate Professor of Management at UCLA Anderson School of Management. She teaches courses on problem solving, decision making, and innovative thinking in the psychology department and Anderson MBA programs....
Biography George T. Geis teaches at UCLA Anderson in the areas of mergers & acquisitions, financial modeling, entrepreneurship, and accounting. He has been voted Outstanding Teacher of the Year at UCLA Anderson five times, the most recent honor being given by the MBA class of 2012. Geis has a...
Biography Kumar Rajaram is professor of decisions, operations and technology management and the Ho-Su Wu Chair in Management at the UCLA Anderson School of Management. Rajaram’s current research interests include improving operations in the health care industry, nonprofit sector and process man...
Biography Sanjay Sood''s research and teaching expertise lies in the area of brand equity and consumer decision making. Using psychological principles, Sanjay examines how firms can best build, manage, and leverage strong brand names. This includes investigating what brand names mean to consumers...
Biography Alfred E. Osborne, Jr. is Senior Associate Dean of UCLA Anderson. In this role, he oversees a variety of key areas and initiatives within the school, including resource development, alumni relations, corporate initiatives, marketing and communications and executive education. Dr. Osb...
Biography Mark Garmaise graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with an A.B. in mathematics and philosophy before receiving his Ph.D. in finance from Stanford Graduate School of Business in 1998. He was appointed assistant professor at Chicago Booth and later joined UCLA Anderson as a...
Academic Area: Business Administration Teaching / Research Interests Improvisation in Business Bio Bob Kulhan is an Adjunct Professor of Business Administration for The Fuqua School of Business, Duke University as well as an Adjunct Professor of Business for Columbia Business School, Columbia U...
Biography An assistant professor in the UCLA Anderson strategy group, Ian Larkin’s research is focused on compensation, incentives, employee motivation and human resources. His interest in the discipline comes compliments of his first job, with McKinsey & Company, where he spent four years ...
Professor John Mamer has been a member of the UCLA Anderson faculty since 1981. In addition to his prolific research and the numerous courses he has taught in Anderson’s full-time, Fully Employed and Executive MBA programs, Mamer has served the school in a variety of administrative capacities, in...
Biography Robert M. (Bob) McCann has been creating, directing and teaching leadership and management communication courses across virtually all of UCLA Anderson’s MBA degree programs since coming to UCLA in 2010. He also teaches courses that include: Entrepreneurship; Global Leadership; Persuasio...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.