Who should attend
Managers and program staff interested in
- project and program management
- understanding how to assess and manage risk in developmental and operation settings
About the course
This online course introduces risk management concepts and explains the 20 key drivers that compose the SEI risk-based method for assessing complex projects, the Mission Diagnostic Protocol. This course explains what these drivers are and how the assessment of a program using the drivers creates a profile of a program's chances of success.
This hour-long course is part of a series of e-Learning modules to acquaint acquisition staff with key aspects of software-reliant systems acquisition.
At the completion of the course, the student will
- Develop a common understanding of risk management concepts and terminology
- Understand the key drivers of program success
- Understand how drivers can be used when assessing a program's systemic risk
- Be able to use the Standard Driver Workbook to assess a program's success
- Risk management concepts
- Tactical and Systemic approaches to analyzing risk
- Drivers of Program Success explained
- Drivers of Program Success Applied to your program
This course is presented in the form of narrated instructional pages. Interactive assessments assist with comprehension of the subject matter and application of the diagnostic tools. Learners will also be able to access additional resources related to the subject matter and a downloadable copy of the course presentation slides.
Your access period will begin once you have been added to the SEI Learning Portal and launch the course.
Learners will have three weeks to complete the course. Upon completing all course elements, the learner is awarded an electronic certificate of course completion.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.