Transportation Operations – Supply Chain Fundamentals
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
This course prepares you for the basics of transportation operations and the role of transportation within an organization’s overall supply chain. The course includes review of the key elements of transportation such as modes of transportation, transportation technology, company roles and operations within the transportation field, the impact of transportation on the overall economy, sustainability in transportation, and how the field is evolving to meet future needs.
What You Will Learn
- The business of transportation
- Logistics and the economic impact of transportation
- Unique features, advantages, and disadvantages of the various modes of transport
- The cost and pricing considerations of Less-Than-Truckload (LTL), truckload, rail, air, and ocean transport
- The role of private fleets, third-part logisitics, freight forwarders, and brokers
- The role of technology in transportation operations
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the basics of legal considerations in transportation.
- Gain an understanding of the basics of international transportation considerations.
- Describe the roles, functions, and metrics associated with transportation.
- Gain an appreciation of evolving innovations in transportation.
- Demonstrate metrics used to measure transportation service quality and efficiency.
Who should attend
This course is designed for transportation planners, transportation clerks, transportation analysts, transportation managers, and learners seeking to enter these roles. Supply chain professionals from other domains will also benefit through gaining insights into transportation operations.