Transportation and Distribution Planning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Effective planning of transportation and distribution networks has become more complex. This change is driven by increasing customer requirements; the expansion of global sourcing, security, and regulatory requirements; volatile fuel costs; and more. In this course, you will gain an understanding of the strategic and tactical principles, practices, and tools required to address the cost, service, capacity, and carbon emissions trade-offs in domestic and international transportation.
What You Will Learn
- Logistics costs, customer service levels, and carbon emissions
- Transportation performance measurements and improvements
- Transportation carriers operations and their impacts
How You Will Benefit
- Develop transportation and distribution strategies to support business strategies.
- Understand basic transportation physics throughout the supply chain.
- Optimize last-mile and long-haul transportation planning.
- Design supply-chain networks to optimize transportation costs and service.
- Determine how to optimize routes and schedules.
- Better manage total transportation spending.
Who should attend
This course is designed for executives and managers who want to learn about designing and operating best-in-class transportation and distribution for their supply chain; supply-chain engineers and analysts; industrial engineers and systems analysts; supply-chain and logistics consultants; transportation managers and engineers; and operations managers of traffic, transportation, or warehousing.