About the course
Medical training programs can fall short when it comes to preparing physicians for future leadership positions. In this course, you’ll learn how to successfully transition from a management to a leadership role and how to properly time and stage this transition. Plus, you’ll be given the skills to assess your own professional competency-based development and identify your leadership skills and gaps.
- Differences between management and leadership
- Learning to become a leader and knowing your role
- Leading people and finding success in your new role
- Leadership styles and the characteristics of an effective leader
- Strategies to guide your transition
- Explain the fundamental differences between management and leadership
- Recognize the role of a leader in inspiring and motivating others
- Develop practices for leading people versus managing work
- Prepare for the transition from management to leadership
The current version of this product is best experienced on a computer. Mobile functionality is coming soon.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.