Who should attend
This course is designed for experienced business professionals who perform or want to perform analytics to improve their supply chain management processes. They want to tackle strategic goals and to perform leading edge analytics projects that address the full complexity of supply chains.
About the course
This course is the first of four courses in the Supply Chain Analytics Professional certificate program. It prepares you to apply leading-edge analytical methods and technology enablers across the supply chain. You’ll learn the dynamics of supply chains, the most relevant planning challenges, and the roles of different types of analytics. Next, you’ll learn about data cleansing, exploratory data analysis, and visualization. You’ll use Python and PowerBI to analyze the causes of underperformance and to build dashboards to visualize supply chain data. You will leave knowing how to gather, analyze, and prepare your data through descriptive analytics before you dig into deeper applications.
What You Will Learn
- Types of analytics (descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive) and the relationships between them
- The role of analytics in supply chain management (SCM)
- Preprocessing (cleaning and integrating) data as it relates to SCM
- How to conduct exploratory data analysis on supply chain data
- Best practices for visualizing data and building dashboards
- How to identify and analyze Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of SCM
- Supply chain professionals collaborating in warehouse
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the most relevant planning challenges across the strategic, tactical, and operational levels of supply chains.
- Learn the difference between analytics types, the links between them, and how to best use them to improve SCM processes.
- Use KPIs to find causes of underperformance in supply chains and to plan for analytics projects that will address strategic SCM goals.
- Utilize Python and PowerBI to understand, visualize, and analyze data in order to prepare for deeper analytics.
USING ANALYTICS TO TRANSFORM SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Overview of analytics transforming supply chain management
- Introduction to SCM and analytics
- Most relevant planning challenges across strategic, tactical, and operational levels
- Different types of analytics
- Descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, prescriptive
- How the types relate to each other and to SCM
- Data preprocessing (cleaning and integrating)
- Activity: Introduce the Cardboard Company (CBC) case and begin preprocessing CBC’s data
EXPLORATORY DATA ANALYSIS FOR SUPPLY CHAIN DATA
- Data preprocessing for EDA
- Why EDA is important
- Conducting EDA
- Types of data
- Pareto concept
- Basic visualization
- Activity: understand the data available for the CBC case
VISUALIZATION OF SUPPLY CHAIN DATA
- Various visualization techniques
- Applying those techniques in PowerBI
- Best data visualization practices
- Designing user-friendly dashboards
- Activity: create a dashboard for CBC sales and deliveries data
- Cardboard Company case introduction
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Identifying KPIs in SCM
- Common KPIs
- Identifying additional KPIs
- Analyzing KPIs
- Understanding KPI choices
- KPIs in descriptive analytics
- Using KPIs to plan analytics projects
- Activity: identify and add KPIs to your CBC dashboard
Mr. Brown has over 30 years of experience in supply chain management operations and services as an operations manager, consultant, educator, and executive recruiter. Tim was appointed as Managing Director in the Georgia Tech Supply Chain & Logistics Institute (SCL). SCL is a unit of Georgia ...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.