Transforming Small and Medium Enterprises
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
In order to survive and prosper in a competitive environment, small and medium enterprises need to strive for constant change and transformation processes. The Transforming of Small and Medium Enterprises (TSME) programme is created keeping this broad objective in mind. First, it builds a perspective of economic environment, and then focuses on decision making across key steps of transformation through effectively managing market opportunities, finances, people, operational procedures, and information and technology. Inter-relationships among business functions and the manner in which these influence managerial decisions are specifically highlighted. Strategic issues are examined to evolve suitable long-run growth objectives. The programme also highlights understanding of relevant aspects of national and international economic environment.
- To build overall capabilities of leadership, finance, accounts, marketing, human resources and operations in owners/managers of small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- To develop new strategies for expansion and diversification of SMEs.
- To interact and learn from the experiences of several fellow entrepreneurs both among the co-participants as well as other guest speakers.
- To enhance managerial efficiency.
The overall course is divided into six modules. Titles of each module and some key concepts within the modules are captured below:
- Entrepreneurial thinking:
- Opportunity recognition
- Skills and attributes
- Transformation through identifying market opportunities:
- Understanding the economic environment
- Formulating and implementing strategy
- Legal aspects
- Managing innovation
- Key concepts in marketing
- Managing people:
- Human resource concerns in SMEs
- Strategic leadership
- Organisational dynamics
- Effective managerial communication
- Cross-functional teams
- Managing operations and processes
- Ensuring quality
- Designing optimal process
- Supply chain and logistics
- Managing Finance
- Basic accounting
- Cost accounting and control
- Corporate finance
- Managing Information and Technology
- Collecting and storing information
- Data visualization
Who should attend
- Entrepreneurs, owner-managers, and top executives of SMEs who are concurrently responsible for major decisions in several basic and functional areas.
- Executives of industrial and regional development agencies including banks and financial institutions which assist small and medium enterprises.