Who should attend
- Entrepreneurs, owner-managers, and top executives of SMEs who are concurrently responsible for major decisions in several basic and functional areas.
- Executives of industrial and regional development agencies including banks and financial institutions which assist small and medium enterprises.
About the course
In order to survive and prosper in a competitive environment, small and medium enterprises need to strive for constant change and transformation processes. The Transforming of Small and Medium Enterprises (TSME) programme is created keeping this broad objective in mind. First, it builds a perspective of economic environment, and then focuses on decision making across key steps of transformation through effectively managing market opportunities, finances, people, operational procedures, and information and technology. Inter-relationships among business functions and the manner in which these influence managerial decisions are specifically highlighted. Strategic issues are examined to evolve suitable long-run growth objectives. The programme also highlights understanding of relevant aspects of national and international economic environment.
- To build overall capabilities of leadership, finance, accounts, marketing, human resources and operations in owners/managers of small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- To develop new strategies for expansion and diversification of SMEs.
- To interact and learn from the experiences of several fellow entrepreneurs both among the co-participants as well as other guest speakers.
- To enhance managerial efficiency.
The overall course is divided into six modules. Titles of each module and some key concepts within the modules are captured below:
- Opportunity recognition
- Skills and attributes
Transformation through identifying market opportunities:
- Understanding the economic environment
- Formulating and implementing strategy
- Legal aspects
- Managing innovation
- Key concepts in marketing
- Human resource concerns in SMEs
- Strategic leadership
- Organisational dynamics
- Effective managerial communication
- Cross-functional teams
Managing operations and processes
- Ensuring quality
- Designing optimal process
- Supply chain and logistics
- Basic accounting
- Cost accounting and control
- Corporate finance
Managing Information and Technology
- Collecting and storing information
- Data visualization
Educational Qualifications Ph.D., Department of Economics, Northwestern University, 2007 M. A. (Economics), Northwestern University, 2002 M.S. (Quantitative Economics), Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta, 2001
Educational Qualifications FPM/PhD (Corporate Strategy and Policy) M.Tech. (Environmental Engg. and Mgmt.) B.E. (Chemical Engg.) Academic Affiliation FPM/PhD (Corporate Strategy and Policy) from IIM Bangalore, India M.Tech. from IIT Kanpur, India B.E. from Thapar Institute of Engg. and Tech., ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.