About the course
There is no shortage of Quality Improvement (QI) work for physician leaders. Like most of medicine, QI is a mixture of art and science. Leaders need the language, insight and strategies for how to move large groups of people to adopt new practices, as well as the ability to demonstrate how these strategies successfully improve care and reduce measurement and perpetual improvement fatigue. This course will explore the methods, tools and skills required to accelerate quality improvement in any healthcare organization by focusing on QI foundations, successful execution and business alignment.
- Deploy Improvement Science principles to accelerate the adoption of evidence-based practices
- Optimize use of quality data/measures for improved engagement
- Discuss strategies to more rapidly achieve performance targets
- Grow communication skills and messaging to promote a powerful quality agenda
- Design quality driven systems for better patient and business outcomes
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable)
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours
Planner Disclosure: The planners (American Association for Physician Leadership® staff) for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
Faculty Disclosure: The faculty for this activity have no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests to disclose.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing education for physicians.
The American Association for Physician Leadership® designates this live activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Bruce Spurlock is the president and CEO of Cynosure Health and an adjunct professor at Stanford University. He is a nationally recognized speaker on a wide variety of healthcare topics, including translating policy into practice, healthcare trends, and effectively engaging every stakeholder to dr...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.