Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Executives responsible for managing or developing employees, to improve performance and organisational effectiveness
- Managers who wish to learn more about motivation and people management
- Organisations and individuals who wish to develop leadership qualities during times of organisational change
- Executives wishing to develop their leadership styles
About the course
In times of financial crisis, rapidly changing business contexts, and globalised work, managers depend more than ever on their subordinates to get results.
Employees may thus represent both a key resource and a liability for managerial success. Tapping the full potential of employees, however, may require leadership and people management skills that stretch beyond ordinary managerial competences.
In this programme, we put the question of how managers can lead employees for maximal commitment and motivation centre-stage.
Grounded in rigorous, cutting-edge research, the programme aims to provide you with inspiration, hands-on tools, and knowledge that may enhance your emotional and leadership skills for managerial results.
- Motivate your employees without using formal authority
- Flexibly adapt your leadership style to meet the needs of your employees
- Handle the 'difficult' colleagues in your organisation and get what you want without alienating them
- Effectively promote change in your organisation, and breach resistance to change
- Persuade your peers and get their buy-in to a new business idea they might find little appealing?
In the two-day programme we cover:
- Inspirational leadership and result-oriented management: striking the balance
- Developing flexible leadership styles to meet the needs of employees
- Motivating employees beyond monetary incentives
- Creating engaging and stimulating work, work contexts and working relationships
- Breaching resistance to change
- Persuading and influencing for results
You will learn from expert, experienced faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and benefit from an international class with homogeneous objectives within your global peer group.
Over the two days of this fast-paced and practical programme you will:
- explore fresh perspectives and approaches on leadership
- explore the importance of motivation, change management and persuasion for leadership effectiveness
- examine and reflect upon your own style of leading, motivating and persuading subordinates and colleagues
- learn about tools and procedures to manage change effectively, and return to your business with concrete ideas of how to implement change
- Via the Virtual Learning Environment tool, participants can keep in touch with both faculty and each other to extend the results beyond their time at Cambridge and share their experiences.
Reader in Organisational Behaviour Director of the Management Studies Tripos BSc, MSc (Giessen University), PhD (Aston University) Research interests Effective intergroup relations; organisational creativity; teamwork. Subject group: Organisational Theory & Information Systems Professiona...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.