About the course
Captivate and Delight your Delegates - Keep them engaged and make their learning meaningful and lasting!
People expect a lot when they go on a course, and a 'run of the mill' training puts people to sleep.
Training should be about enlivening, inspiring and motivating people.
It should give them simple usable skills, and make the training room a really fun place to be.
This is a dynamic, practical course suitable for all levels of training professional.
It's based on the training we give our own excellent trainers.
And it will give you the confidence to know that whatever is thrown at you, you will be able to make it work.
- Adapting your Style
- Matching the Material to the Situation
- Working with Difficult People
- Changing tack Quickly
- Meet People's Needs
- Exceeding their Expectations
- Handling Delegates' Anxieties
- Surprising your Participants and Yourself
- Making Learning Exciting
- Working your Room
- Changing the Dynamic
- Being Creative
Unlike off-the-peg courses, this train the trainer course is tailored, on the day, to meet the needs of each delegate.
We will include many of the exercises listed below, and any additional material that the trainers feel is relevant.
Train the Trainer Day One
Running the room effectively and using your Personal Style
- Understanding group dynamics
- Identifying your personal training style and staying true to it
- Working the room
- Turning the volume up and down
- Setting the tone
- Using anecdotes and personal stories to exemplify your training work
- Knowing how to treat those in the room
- Animation - knowing when to turn it up and down
- Dealing with difficult participants and situations
Train the Trainer Day Two
Seeing what's really there
- Discover your ability to actually see what's going on in the room
- 'Removing' yourself from proceedings
- Knowing your own behaviour
- A look at patterns and beliefs
- Realising that everyone sees things differently
- Seeing and dealing with sudden changes within your training environment
- Recognising and dealing with potentially undermining situations
- An opportunity to play out or rehearse specific scenarios
- Designing a Training
- Wrap up and review
The Next Step
Here you'll identify what you'll do differently.
You will identify what will stop you putting this into practice and what support you need going forward.
We will give out Impact Factory documents to support the course.
You'll get copies relevant hand-outs to remind you of the coursework.
Two weeks after the course one of your trainers will call to see how you are getting on.
You will have email and telephone access to both of your trainers.
You'll also have access to a course web page containing
- Handouts used during the course
- New supportive material
- Impact Factory PDF documents
- Recommended reading
- Links to our favourite videos
- Photos of the day
Tina’s journey towards Impact Factory is a great example of how things don''t always turn out as we plan - and what a blessing that can be! She grew up wanting to be an actress, Meryl Streep to be exact. But, unable to secure a place at drama school, she took a year off and went to work on ya...
Katherine joined Impact Factory as an in 2005 having worked as an actress for over 20 years in theatre, radio, and television. She is one of our most experienced trainers developing new programmes and training trainers at Impact Factory. After her degree in drama, Katherine did a postgraduat...
“For me it''s always been the people, not the job. It was a revelation to come to Impact Factory where people ARE the job. Little did I expect the level of personal development it would also offer.” After gaining a string of A grade Highers courtesy of Hutchesons Grammar School, Kate left her...
From political speech writing to stand-up comedy, from marketing to project management, from strategic planning to coaching, from a degree in Sociology to a diploma in public relations Sarah has packed a lot into her life already. Originally from Canada, Sarah has lived in the UK since 2009, ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.