Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ESADE Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
ESADE-CERN Executive Management Programme
Through this 3-day journey, we will address the challenges most leaders face when taking decisions in a growing unpredictable and complex environment. We will see how the scientific thinking at CERN can apply to your business reality.
The world around us is changing in unpredictable, complex ways. Accepted paradigms and thinking by analogy no longer hold. Those capable of exploring and experimenting will be the first to discover the laws governing tomorrow’s society and businesses. Those willing to embrace the unpredictable will be the first to seize new business opportunities.
ESADE, in partnership with CERN (European Organisation for Nuclear Research), launches a transformative journey for executives/organisations willing to be pushed beyond their current way of thinking and operating.
Top-notch programme designed for senior executives
It's a one-of-a-kind programme, a transformative journey for executives willing to be pushed beyond their current way of thinking and operating.
A unique opportunity
You will have the opportunity to experience the culture of a unique organisation, CERN, the world largest scientific collaboration platform, which has revolutionizsed our society.
Business as an experiment
It is an emerging and rigorous scientific experimentation approach driven by CERN’s philosophy, which will provide your organisation with a framework to explore the unknown from a different angle and in a controlled setting.
- Adopt the CERN approach to experimenting and taking decisions that take account of uncertainties.
- Learn how to experiment and manage risks.
- Learn about “collaborative competitiveness” or how to collaborate without boundaries.
- Boost your ability to think in a non-linear and counter-intuitive way (as opposed to using analogies to think things through) and question all your assumptions about your business.
- Set your mind on the future.
Given growing uncertainties about what the future may hold, business leaders often take decisions based on experience, intuition, extrapolations, and conventional wisdom, all of which may no longer help in making the right choices. In this context, the new concept of ’BUSINESS AS EXPERIMENT’ is emerging, a rigorous scientific experimentation approach driven by CERN’s philosophy, which will provide your organisation with a framework to explore the unknown from a different angle and in a controlled setting.
The programme is based on three key learning activities: Knowledge Sessions, Visitos to CERN Facilities and Experiments. Participants will:
- Learn about CERN (Scope and discoveries), anti-matter research, the Higgs Boson, how large multi-national collaboration works, non-incremental thinking, applying the lessons learnt to your business setting.
- Visit and discover first hand the Anti-Matter Factory and the CMS Particle Detector.
- Experiment like scientists, through the guidance of CERN physicists and scientists, tol carry out the following experiments: Find the Higgs Boson, detect cosmic rays and build a Jumbo Jet.
Trust the experts
She has been linked to the world of strategic consulting and, subsequently, also to that of financial advice, basically in the investment area. Her main clients and projects include the following: investment strategy for a state investment body, development of private banking for one of the main...
Professor of the Department of People Management and Organization Marc holds a PhD in Business Administration from Universitat Ramon Llull, a Bachelor of Business Administration from IQS (Universitat Ramon Llull), a Diploma in People and Team Management from ESADE Business School and a Diploma ...
ISDI | GMDB | International Seminar Digital Transformation at Silicon Valley