Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Warwick Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
The Warwick Diploma in Strategy & Innovation is founded on the latest thinking and best practice, bringing our strength and reputation in the fields of strategy and innovation to help executives navigate the long journey successfully and realise their strategic organisational and personal potential.
You will learn to:
- Identify and overcome the challenges that companies face when trying to innovate
- Develop new ventures within long- or newly-established organisations
- Adopt new strategic approaches to company direction and decision-making in order to build successful business models which exploit new opportunities
- Take new approaches to stakeholder management, governance and funding
- Develop robust but flexible plans for strategic execution.
You will be able to apply what you learn immediately, from conducting a strategy audit to being able to make strategic recommendations with confidence. Your ideas and thinking will be validated through feedback from faculty and your peers, and the programme is designed around application to your own organisation.
The Warwick Diploma in Strategy & Innovation has been designed to offer immediate impact and long term development for individuals and organisations.
Benefits to you
- The programme will allow you to develop strategic approaches to company direction and harness entrepreneurial frameworks in practice
- You will gain the insight and understanding needed to lead organisations to compete successfully in a complex global business environment
- You will be able to utilise your understanding in the field of current and complex issues in strategy and innovation within your own organisation and career
- The programme will support you to start the process of building and influencing your organisational context to one where creativity and innovation is enabled.
Benefits to your organisation
- The Diploma is designed to deliver learning which will be immediately applicable to the strategic challenges of your organisation
- The individual assessments you undertake are an opportunity to take on specific organisational challenges
- Your increased knowledge, ideas and awareness will have a positive impact on your teams, and your organisation.
- Your organisation will benefit from new knowledge and ideas, without you taking significant time away from your usual responsibilities
The programme is delivered in four modules, each over four days at WBS London, so executives don’t need to divert from their usual responsibilities at work. Upon successful completion confers the qualification of Postgraduate Diploma in Strategy & Innovation from the University of Warwick.
The four Warwick Diploma in Strategy & Innovation modules build and develop new thinking and transform strategic understanding over one year, with new learning immediately utilised in your own organisation between modules as well as through your final individual project.
- Creating Strategic Advantage
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Strategic Choices
- Strategy Execution
Who should attend
The Warwick Executive Diploma Series has been designed for experienced and senior managers, as well as those in leadership roles.
Participants who will gain most from the programme may be facing strategic challenges within their organisation which need outside inputs and new thinking, and/or who wish to address areas within their own development to help them get to the next level of performance.
Applications are encouraged from a wide cross-section of industry sectors, both commercial and non-profit/public sector, and business functions.
- Applications are welcomed from candidates who can demonstrate that their experience and responsibilities will allow them to take an active part in discussions and benefit fully from the programme.
- Successful applicants are expected to have at least 5 years of management experience that reflects the contribution and impact they have made as a leader in their career so far. Final admission decisions will be made by the Programme Director and Admissions Committee.
- English language: All of our programmes are delivered in English so, if English is not your first language, you have not graduated from an English speaking university or worked in an English speaking environment for at least two years, you must demonstrate a minimum overall standard a recognised test of English. Requirements are shown below. The certificate will be required as evidence.
Trust the experts
John is Professor of Practice in Strategy and Leadership and Associate Dean (Post-Experience Masters Programmes) at Warwick Business School. Before entering academia John was Group Managing Director at a FTSE 100 business and Executive Managing Director at a French CAC 40 business. Previously he...
Chengwei Liu (Ph.D., Cambridge) is Associate Professor of Strategy and Behavioural Science and Director of Executive MBA (London Shard) at Warwick Business School. His work is published in leading academic journals (such as Academy of Management Review, PNAS, Organization Science) and featured in...
Pinar Ozcan is Professor of Strategic Management at Warwick Business School. She specializes in strategy, entrepreneurship, and the emergence of new technology markets.. Professor Ozcan completed her Ph.D. at the Stanford Technology Ventures Program (STVP) at the Stanford University Management ...
Jonathan is an expert facilitator and executive educator who specialises in working with senior teams in designing and implementing their organisational strategies. He is the Programme Director of the Strategy and Innovation Diploma and the Diploma of Regulatory Management at the Irish Managemen...
The Warwick Diploma in Strategy & Innovation