Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is designed for business professionals, marketers at all levels of seniority, business owners, brand managers, product managers, CEOs and individuals concerned with leading the way businesses respond to sustainability challenges and are keen to drive and effect real change.
About the course
Businesses have a significant role to play when it comes to shaping a better world for society, the environment and responsible, sustainable business. A key component to lasting success is ensuring that sustainability is embedded within business strategy – part of planning, budgeting, resourcing and day to day operations. The CIM Sustainable Transformation 4-day Programme provides a roadmap for how businesses can rethink what ‘success’ means, and practically build a meaningful, innovative and responsible organisation. We’ll explore examples from companies from all over the world who are successfully driving sustainability. We’ll also hear from a range of experts who are setting the agenda for sustainable transformation within organisations.
This programme provides an opportunity to consider the fundamental aspects of business transformation through a sustainable and responsible lens. It will equip you to take the lead in developing transformational sustainable and responsible business and marketing strategies for your organisation. Additionally, the programme will introduce you to key aspects of climate science and carbon literacy and provide a unique opportunity to gain Carbon Literacy Certification from The Carbon Literacy Trust.
The programme consists of eight modules delivered in two parts. Each part is two days in duration:
- Introduction to the sustainable business landscape
- Develop an authentic sustainable business narrative
- Strategic analysis through a sustainability lens
- Using sustainable reporting to inform and steer action
- The role key stakeholders play in driving sustainability
- Managing supply chains to optimise sustainability
- Authentic integration of sustainability into comms strategy
- How sustainability is driving innovation
We are launching the CIM Sustainable Transformation Programme at the introductory price of £2,250 (non-members).
- Understand the current sustainability landscape, climate science, collective targets and goals and what this means for businesses and marketing (locally and globally)
- Explore the role of purpose and values, what it means to drive purpose with profits and how to enable a sustainable lens to support strategic direction and decision making
- Better understand the role leadership plays in steering sustainable business and why it makes sense, commercially and practically to have senior leadership driving the sustainability agenda
- Understand the critical role of partnerships and collaboration in driving opportunities, innovations and co-created sustainable solutions
- Explore sustainable models, such as the Circular Economy and regenerative business models which help redefine the way businesses operate
- Understand the role of sustainable reporting and how sustainable reporting informs decision making and progression
- Explore the stakeholder chain, the critical role they play and how to engage and align your sustainability strategy and tactics with customers, employees, partners and investors
- How to navigate supply chain management, locally and globally, to optimise sustainability and overcome key challenges
- The critical role of authentic narrative in sustainability across brand, product, packaging and education to engage audiences and change behaviours
- Exploring sustainable innovations and how innovation is helping organisations become more progressive and sustainable
Michelle Carvill is a strategic marketer, digital agency founder, consultant, trainer, speaker and four times published author in the digital marketing and social media space. Her latest book, co-authored with Ian MacRae, published by Kogan Page, March 2020, is Myths of Social Media - Dismiss the...
Gihan A.M Hyde is the award-winning Founder and CEO of Communique a start-up specializing in Environmental, Social Impact and Governance (ESG) Communication. Her 22 years of experience is gained in eight sectors (Government, Construction, Retail, Financial Services, Oil & Gas, NGO, FMCG, and ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.