Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Anyone who is part of or interacts with virtual, remote or mobile teams.
About the course
It’s a paradox: As a member of a virtual team, you’re often more visible than you might be in person. Why? Because effective communications, trust and a strong virtual presence need to be quickly established when working with other team members. If this is done, you’ll stand out as a valued contributor. If not, you risk standing out as a non-contributor. Take this course to learn how to establish your presence and communicate effectively in a virtual realm, build strong virtual team relationships, and collaborate with success. In addition, you’ll gain tools and techniques to influence others, address differences before they become conflicts, foster trust and credibility, and much more.
How will you benefit?
After participating in this programme, you will be able to:
- Identify the Differences, Challenges and Benefits Associated with Working Remotely
- Rate Yourself on the Characteristics of an Effective Virtual Team Member
- Determine Behaviors That Foster Trust, Credibility and Professionalism
- Use Your Voice to Engage and Influence Others—Virtually
- Select the Communication Modes That Match Your Message
- Build Relationships with Your Team Members and Leader
- Address Cultural Differences
During the programme you will:
- Network and learn from a diverse group of peers with similar challenges like you from different functions, industries and countries
- Develop a personal action plan to implement back at work
- Learn and practice using real-world examples and role plays over 3 lessons.
What will you learn and practice?
The Virtual Team Member: Challenges and Opportunities
- Identify the Characteristics of Effective Teams and Effective Virtual Team Members
- Make Valued Contributions to Your Team’s Objectives
- Recognize That Value Is Demonstrated Differently in Virtual vs. Onsite Work Environments
Establishing Your Presence in the Virtual Setting
- Identify Behaviors That Foster Trust, Credibility and Professionalism
- Use Your Voice Effectively to Convey Confidence and Impact
- Increase the Visibility of Your Work and Virtual Team Contributions
- Creating a Strong Message to Influence Others
- Learn How Channels of Communication Differ in the Virtual Setting
- Make Sure You Are Perceived as an Effective and Reliable Virtual Team Member
- Establish a Professional Relationship with Your Virtual Peers
- Forge a Strong Relationship with Your Manager/Supervisor
- Ask for Feedback and Promote Collaboration
- Make Virtual Team Meetings More Engaging and Productive
Cross-Cultural Communication—Best Practices
- Recognize Your Organization’s Culture and Its Accepted Behaviors
- Understand and Navigate Cultural Differences and Language Barriers
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.