Who should attend
- All senior-level executives charged with driving value for their organisation
- Directors responsible for creating or implementing strategy within the organisation
- Board members and senior executives who wish to drive their business on commercial reality and facts and who are looking for effective tools and techniques to help them compete.
About the course
Building your leadership capabilities…
The Strategy Programme offers you 3 days to kick-start a process of strategic review for your organisation. A follow-up day gives you the opportunity to check implementation progress and maintain momentum.
This short intense strategy programme will help you leverage market insight to find (or maintain) competitive advantage. It builds on academic theory around strategy, engaging you in an intellectual challenge, resulting in immediate practical outputs to drive your business.
…Challenging strategies with market insight This programme is workshop-style and how-to focused:
- From the pre-work onwards you’ll work on your own business issues
- Critique and develop market-focused strategies
- Use customer expectations to your advantage
- Discuss how strategies can be used to influence the performance of an organisation
- Look at effective implementation
- Create a culture where the people you lead understand how they can make a positive contribution to the business.
Henley’s approach: Strategy as a leadership tool
We understand that today’s markets present unique challenges, such as:
- How to think long-term whilst remaining agile to the changing competitive environment
- How to create strategies that “stick” in the organisation
- How to realise opportunities whilst overcoming internal barriers and bottlenecks.
At Henley, strategy is not seen just as a thinking process but more importantly as an essential leadership tool, equipping leaders with the capabilities needed to develop robust strategies and ensure that they can be implemented to achieve the goals of the business.
This programme is underpinned by rigorous research, with delivery always from a practitioner’s point of view.
- Setting the scene - understanding the business environment
- Critiquing a business strategy
- Developing strategy as a leadership tool
- Differentiating goals from strategies
- Using customer expectations to your advantage
- Leveraging market insight to create a competitive strategy
- Successfully focusing the organisation to deliver the strategy
- Action Planning.
Benefit from ongoing contact with Henley Business School through:
- Access to resources from the online learning portal for up to 12 months
- Henley alumni status.
- Demystify strategy (and think about what it isn’t)
- Understand how strategy contributes to employee engagement
- Gain the capability to critique and challenge existing business strategies at the highest level
- Gain new tools and concepts to embed into your organisation
- Receive feedback and insight regarding your own business strategy
- Take time to reflect and plan ahead, with feedback from others
- Build your peer network.
- It’s about learning how to gather and consider market insights, for credible strategies you can work with proactively even as market conditions change.
For your organisation
Organisations will benefit from leaders that can create and successfully implement strategies to drive an externally-focused organisation where all functions concentrate on building longer-lasting competitive products and services. This translates into a more profitable and sustainable business.
Jeff is an Associate Faculty Member of Henley Business School, contributing to the Henley Partnership, the Advanced Management Programme and as Programme Director for The Strategy Programme – Challenging Strategies with Insight. Jeff initially worked in oil exploration as both an engineer and a m...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.