About the course
In today's tough business environment, it takes more than product knowledge, technical competency, or social media contacts to be successful. Professional knowledge and organizational contacts can become obsolete with the next change in technology or shift in organizational structure. Success in today's world requires an extraordinary amount of people skills. You've got to know how to start and build relationships... on and off the job. And you've got to know how to work with others... so teamwork becomes a workplace reality rather than a hollow buzzword. Unfortunately, many people receive little or no training in how to make relationships work. They're given a job and told what to do, but they may be left on their own to figure out how to do their work with others. In this program, you will sharpen the tools you need to communicate more effectively, build relationships more easily, and get the cooperation of others more quickly. You will learn how to gain respect, present your ideas, minimize opposition, and resolve conflicts. You will learn how to persuade others so you get the response you want ... from your coworkers, your customers, and even your family members. Dr. Alan Zimmerman's program is powerful and practical. It is fun and upbeat. And instead of pointing fingers, it points the way to positive, productive relationships that truly pay off. Expect to learn, to be engaged, and to make a difference when you return to your work or home.
- 7 techniques that draw people towards you
- 5 behaviors that guarantee customer satisfaction
- Judgments and assumptions: how they undermine relationships
- The Respect Continuum: from rudeness to warmth
- The Pygmalion Effect: the power of believing in others
- Feeling communication... tactful, appropriate, and professional
- 5 needs that lead to positive, win-win relationships
- Trust busters and builders: which ones are you using?
- Listening: empathy so others open up, accuracy to get it right
- 5 work languages that make people willing to help
- Words that alienate others: stop them once and for all
- 7 phrases that invite people to do what you want, and get a "yes"
- Win-lose to win-win: what does it take?
- Transformers: how to go from "me" to "we"
- 4 stages of team health, maturity and effectiveness
- 5 conflict resolution styles: what to do when?
- Constructive criticism, not constrictive crudicism
- Unacceptable behavior: how to confront it and change it
- 7 most common mistakes that prevent conflict resolution
- Recognition and rewards: what works and what doesn't
- Achievement Motivation: 2 things that turbo-charge performance
Dr. Alan Zimmerman is Founder and President of the Zimmerman Communi-Care Network, Inc., an international consulting, coaching and speaking firm. In that position, Dr. Zimmerman has delivered more than 2,000 programs in 48 states and 22 countries. Dr. Zimmerman has a Ph.D. from the University of ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.