About the course
It’s no secret that CEOs need to maintain a significant level of knowledge about their organization’s financial status, but how much do they really need to know? This course introduces areas of vital importance that every CEO should be aware of in relation to the financial health of their organization. After completing this course, leaders will be able to speak authoritatively about important financial concepts, plan for strategic decision making, and unite employees to improve quality and reduce costs.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The role of a CEO in health care finance
- Overview of health care finance concepts
- Strategies for managing organizational growth
- Importance of operating margin and other key data points
- Tracking Key Performance Indicators and quality metrics
- Creating value and community appeal
• Describe the role of a CEO as it relates to an organization’s financial health
• Identify key data points that a health care CEO should be aware of
• Develop solutions for common financial challenges in health care
• Identify and evaluate opportunities for organizational growth
• Create strategies to improve an organization’s operating margin
• Explain the financial risks associated with providing unnecessary care
• Summarize approaches for improving quality through physician engagement
• Establish a culture that attracts top talent and adds community value
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity’s post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.