Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- A first-time manager
- An entry-level manager
- An individual with management potential
- An experienced manager in need of a boost or updated skills
About the course
The New Manager course at the UCT GSB is designed to equip first-time managers, or experienced managers wanting an update, with practical managerial skills and business acumen that can be implemented immediately in the workplace.
The course runs once a year in Cape Town as a two-week course, and once a year in Johannesburg at the UCT GSB training facility in Sandton in a modular format.
LEARN THE LANGUAGE OF LEADERSHIP
The course covers core business fundamentals and provides the self-knowledge and personal growth essential for building the leadership capability to manage, lead and motivate a team with confidence. One of the fundamentals of the course is to enable managers to "speak the language of leadership." A post-course assignment is designed to help delegates entrench what they learn by applying that in the workplace, providing an opportunity to add value back to their organisations.
What will I Gain from this Course?
Students on The New Manager course will gain:
- Core business skills in strategy, marketing, finance, operations, and the management of complex projects
- The basics of good business communication
- Practical skills to develop, manage and motivate a team
- Self-knowledge, personal growth and personal mastery
- Insight and experience through networking with fellow delegates from diverse industries
- Added value for your organisation – a post-course assignment helps you apply what you’ve learned in the workplace
Jenny has designed and facilitated programmes, on behalf of the GSB, for various organisations in South Africa and neighbouring countries, such as Old Mutual, NIPC, Rainbow Farms, Pam Golding Properties, Richards Bay Coal Terminal, and Southern African Customs Union. She is course convenor for Th...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.