Who should attend
- Experienced professionals wanting to update or broaden their business knowledge and skills.
- Individuals looking to master the language of business and gain greater perspective on how organizations succeed.
- Non-business majors wanting to understand business fundamentals in order to work more effectively with senior management or transition into management roles.
- Individuals considering a graduate degree and interested in obtaining an overview of MBA fundamentals.
About the course
Enjoy a highly interactive experience via Zoom every Monday evening this fall as Robins School faculty lead discussions on leading topics in business.
Each student will have an opportunity to schedule monthly meetings with professional coaches who will be available to assist with questions related to careers, managing others, running a business or department, and more.
In addition, participants in the Mini MBA will be invited to join educational and networking opportunities that had previously been offered only to MBA students and alumni.
The program partners with notable organizations for students to apply what they learn as they explore a live case study.
This is a great opportunity to get to know the faculty, staff, students, and alumni of the Robins School and to build your professional network in a community of ambitious professionals.
What Will You Gain?
- Comprehensive understanding of the key business concepts
- A framework for making better strategic business decisions
- Increased ability to think critically and act strategically
- Increased confidence in your ability to speak up in meetings
- Access to a wider network of professionals
The Mini MBA is a non-credit certificate program and does not provide any transferable credits. Students are not required to have an undergraduate degree. To get the most value from the program, students should have at least five years of work experience.
Doug Bosse is Professor of Strategic Management and the David Meade White Jr. Chair in Business at the Robins School of Business at University of Richmond. Doug is also Chair of the Management Department. He received his Ph.D. from Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University. Doug’s s...
Richard Coughlan is an award-winning educator who has delivered engaging talks to academic and professional audiences on three continents over the last 20 years. In addition to his role on the faculty at University of Richmond, he serves as a keynote speaker, strategic advisor, facilitator and co...
April Auger Perrin is the owner and creator of the website All Awear. She started her career doing public relations in the fashion industry and dreamed about one day combining her love of both fashion and philanthropy. At the time, she had no idea what that meant (this was before the days of TOMS...
Experienced leader of operations, finance, and administration with a demonstrated history of strategic leadership in financial services, banking and public sector roles. Skilled in technical operations and application development management, government leadership, finance and budgets, information...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.