Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
No longer seen as a back office function, operational risk teams are an increasingly important component in modern risk management. The fallout from the financial crisis and resulting increased regulatory scrutiny combined with significant industry innovation and disruption from things such as FinTech, AI and cryptocurrencies means those working in operational risk need to constantly upgrade their skills and knowledge at a significant pace.
This course aims to provide a framework for operational risk best practice, demystify the complex issues impacting the industry.
On completion of this distance learning course you will have a comprehensive understanding of all the key aspects of successful operational risk management.
- Unit 1 – Big Picture Overview
- Unit 2 – People and Conduct
- Unit 3 – Software and Model Risk
- Unit 4 – Data Security and Business Processes
- Unit 5 – Compliance and Regulatory Change
- Unit 6 – Quantification, Scenario Analysis and Mitigation
- Unit 7 – Risk Culture and Governance
What you’ll learn
- Operational risk best practice
- People and conduct
- Software and model risk
- Data security and business processes
- Compliance and regulatory change
- Quantification, scenario analysis and mitigation
- Risk culture and governance
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Clive Corcoran has been engaged in the finance and asset management sectors, on both sides of the Atlantic, for more than 25 years. After completing his education in the UK, Canada and the US, he co-founded and became the CEO of an asset management company based in the USA during the 1980s and 90...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.