Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
On completion of this distance learning course you will have a commercial understanding of all the key aspects of risks and rewards of future power markets. The power industry is predicted to triple in size before 2050 with most of the investment required over the next decade, so you need to understand what is required to position your firm for future success.
You will benefit from the course directors key insight of future market scenarios, allowing you to equip yourself and your firm with the strategic moves to success. The course will also capture the sustainable agenda and embrace the electricity challenge.
- Unit 1 – Privatisation, Consolidation and the Move to Net Zero
- Unit 2 – Power Generation Technology and How Markets Work
- Unit 3 – Challenges of the Power Retail Business
- Unit 4 – Asset Optionality Offshore Wind & Storage
- Unit 5 – The Best Power Business Models
- Unit 6 – Electricity & Heat Regulation
- Unit 7 – Risk Management of Heat & Power Markets from a Trader, Risk Manager and Finance Perspective
What you’ll learn
- How power markets deregulate with consequential consolidation
- A detailed explanation of how markets work
- What the revenue challenges of wind generation are through forecasting and trading
- The optionality of different forms of generation coupled with storage and then integrated into the retail customer book
- Commercial customer examples of behind the meter application
- How to identify the risks to cashflow of current business models proposing winners and losers in the future investment of decarbonising market opportunities
- To master regulatory essentials of the main power and heat markets
- The importance of governance, risk management from an energy trading, risk management and financial perspective
How you’ll learn
- A new module is released every two weeks
- Read the units online, save them to your computer or print them out
- Study at your own pace
- Efficient and cost effective - no need to travel or take time off work
- Apply new skills and expertise to your work straight away
Aily Armour has over 30 years of experience in the global energy and banking sector including key senior industry positions. She is one of the most respected figures in the industry and a UK licensed trader taking positions in the market every day. She is an energy market expert specialising in r...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.