The Mechanics of Credit Risk Analysis – Online
DELIVERED BY DISTANCE LEARNING OVER 14 WEEKS
An online course designed to equip credit professionals with the skills, knowledge and understanding to make effective lending decisions.
With continued pressure to make sure the right lending decisions are being made and with increasing focus on risks and potential exposure, credit professionals face a real challenge when it comes to making sure their skills and knowledge are up to date and cutting edge.
The course will enable you to:
- Gain a clear understanding of best practice process from both a qualitative and quantitative perspective
- Understand the environment and industry a potential client operates in, from a macro level and appreciate the specific risks associated
- Review a company from a strategic perspective as well as management competencies
- Determine how to interpret financial statements for credit with a focus on the quantitative risks
- Project and forecast cash flows and financial statements
- Accurately review and understand different pricing methods
- Understand how to structure covenants which are beneficial for both the lender and borrower
- Develop international best practices for writing credit reports
Studying this programme offers you the option of receiving a Postgraduate Certificate from the respected Middlesex University. This is the only course on this topic that offers you the chance to get this qualification.
The course takes place over 14 weeks and consists of seven distance learning units. Every two weeks an additional unit will be released with the associated assessment so you can grasp your understanding before moving on to the next unit.
- An Introduction to Credit Risk Analysis
- Credit Risk Applicable to Corporates
- Financial (Quantitative) Risks
- Cash Flow Forecasting and Modelling
- Pricing Credit Risk
- Collateral and Covenants
- Writing a Credit Report
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
Through distance learning you can enjoy the benefits of studying, whilst minimising disruption to your existing professional commitments. You can set the pace at which you learn; applying the knowledge, skills and expertise gained from the materials to your work straight away. There’s also the huge savings of cost and time by not having to travel to a training location.
There are two routes of study you can take: the university-validated route and the standard non-validated route. Approaching the topics in a modular format, the course will enable you to grasp the key concepts in a practical way and thus helping you build a firm platform on which to expand your knowledge.
You can study the units online, save them to your computer or print them out. You can also take advantage of the online forum to meet your fellow participants and share knowledge, ideas and information at any time.
At the end of each unit there is a practical assessment that will allow you to benchmark your growth in knowledge and understanding and will also show you what a tangible ROI distance learning provides.
Each unit is complimented by a video from the course director, taking you through the components of the course with particular emphasis on complex areas.