The Leadership and Management Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Opus College of Business.Full disclaimer.
Becoming a successful business leader requires more than just taking on additional responsibilities. It means undergoing an honest self-assessment and using those results to propel professional development goals set by both the individual and their organization.
The Leadership and Management program tackles the most common development needs for increased management and/or leadership responsibility:
- Improving your strategic decision-making ability to bring positive change to your organization
- Broadening perspective beyond your department, function, or business
- Building and maintaining high-trust relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Leveraging available resources to better manage the complexity of your day-to-day job
- Increasing self-awareness
- Getting work done through others
- Increasing your personal credibility with others
- Gaining confidence to take on your expanding management and leadership role, including becoming more comfortable making difficult choices
The program provides participants the supporting best practices, methods and tools for immediate and practical use.
The Leadership and Management Program strengthens two key areas: Emotional & Social Intelligence and Strategic Decision-Making. Specific topics include:
- Transitioning from an expert to a manager to a leader
- Strategic thinking, planning and decision-making
- Systems thinking
- Change management and leadership
- Leveraging your emotional strengths
- Managing your emotions that cause performance risks
- Empathy – the key to understanding other stakeholders
- Increasing your impact when influencing, inspiring, and empowering.
- Developing your personal career strategy
My Professional Portfolio
The Leadership and Management Program
Create a blueprint for your future
By taking The Leadership and Management Program, you equip yourself with the right knowledge, tools and skills to immediately make a difference in how you manage and lead. You’ll return to your job with My Professional Portfolio, a personal leadership and management book that organizes what you learned, tying it to a detailed professional development plan that will keep you on track for career advancement.
Section I: My Profile
This is a profile of self-assessments, strengths, areas for development and leadership reflection.
Participants will complete the MBTI and Emotional Intelligence 2.0 assessments.
What are my emotional strengths and weaknesses? What are my leadership and management strengths and weaknesses? How do I communicate these and how do they affect my decision-making and interactions with others?
Section II: My Professional Development Plan
This is a career plan with professional development goals, objectives and measurements to maximize personal growth.
What are my leadership and management goals? What are my career aspirations? What can I learn—and what steps can I take—to accomplish these goals? What measurements can I put into place to track my progress over the next three years?
Section III: My Tools
This is a section of worksheets, templates and tools for everyday use in management and leadership roles.
What new management and leadership tools do I have? Where and how can I use these immediately back at work?
Section IV: My Resources
This is my collection of articles, websites, book titles and other references that faculty and classmates recommend for success.
Who should attend
The Leadership and Management program is designed for any professional who recognizes the importance of leadership in business and wants to make themselves more valuable to their current organization. It is ideal for new leaders, as well as those managers who wish to pursue greater leadership responsibilities or career advancement.
Participant titles and/or job functions may include, but are not limited to:
- First-time Manager
- New Middle Manager
- Front line Manager
- Functional Managers, i.e. Operations, Marketing, Sales, R&D, Finance, IT, HR
- New functional Senior Manager or Director
- Branch Manager
- Team Leader
- Project Manager
- Management Analyst
- Managers looking to advance in their careers or those making a career change