About the course
Throughout history, leaders have naturally served as teachers, coaches and mentors. This session will introduce a wide range of teaching, coaching and mentoring methods that are applicable for many types of organizations. This is a highly interactive program with numerous opportunities for participants to adapt the content to their work situations. Participants will learn: (1) Benefits of and practices of highly effective teachers, coaches and mentors; (2) The importance of storytelling and how to leverage stories for teachable points; (3) 12 multi-purpose teaching and facilitating methods; (4) How to implement a peer coaching process; and (5) Different forms and best practices of effective mentoring.
## Time Allocation - Topics
60% Leader as Teacher
- Leaders as Teachers, Coaches and Mentors….a Centuries Old/Time–Tested Developmental Approach
- Leader Teacher, Coach and Mentor Self Assessment
- Six Strategic Benefits of a Leaders as Teachers Approach to an Organization
- An Experiential/Active Learning Process Model
- Learning and Application Labs…A Dozen Multi-Purpose, Active Teaching and Facilitation Methods
- Applications Labs
25% Leader as Coach
- Leader as Coach and Mentor Quiz
- Video-Creating a Coaching Culture
- A Universal Tool…Peer Coaching/Practice Round(s)
- The Power of Peer Assist…Practice Round
10% Leader as Mentor
- Best-Practice Examples of Effective Mentoring
5% Final Thoughts
- Twelve Keys to Success, Wrap-Up, Program Evaluation
Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Commitment, Creativeness, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations
Secondary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Developing Specific Plans
Tertiary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Delegation, Guidance
ED BETOF ED.D. is a Senior Fellow, Human Capital, at The Conference Board (TCB). In addition to serving as a Senior Fellow, he is the Program Director for TCB’s Executive Council on Talent and Organization Development and has been the coach/facilitator for TCB’s Global Executive Program. Dr. Beto...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.