Who should attend
EEO, AA, and HR managers who wish to obtain a current, in-depth review of the EEO and AA federal, state, and local laws as well as regulations and court cases.
About the course
This three-day EEO law seminar is packed with the latest information needed to understand EEO laws in the context of daily work situations. You will examine:
- EEO/affirmative action laws and obligations of employers
- Recent legislation, guidelines, compliance agencies' interpretations, and court decisions
- The impact of EEO laws on an organization's policies, procedures, and day-to-day operations
- EEO laws
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964: the basic EEO statute
- Civil Rights Act of 1991: procedures and remedies
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act: high complaint volume
- Equal Pay Act: how current enforcement conditions affect employers
- Americans with Disabilities Act: compliance with complicated requirements
- Affirmative action (AA) laws and orders
- Executive Order 11246: continuing enforcement for government contractors
- Rehabilitation Act/Section 503 Regulations: government contractor AA obligations for disabled employees
- Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act: current government contractor concerns
- Family and medical leave: employer responsibilities
- Sample state and local laws and cases
- On-the-job reference manual containing laws, summaries, agency booklets, and a reference resource list
- Updates on U.S. Supreme Court cases
Susan Brecher, currently the Director of HR Dispute Management and Resolution Certificate and Curriculum/Training Design is an employment practices attorney and expert in training and curriculum design for both online and classroom based workshops. She has broad experience in advising, consultin...
Employment Lawyer and Employee Relations professional, who helps businesses and individuals to identify and resolve workplace issues before they result in litigation. Legal advice, provided through an employee relations lens, offers individualized solutions for clients in the four key areas of: D...
Wasserman Law is a management-side employment law firm whose practice is devoted exclusively to fostering compliance with employment laws and minimizing the risk of workplace liability. We provide practical advice and solutions to address your everyday human resource questions and problems. Our...
Experience Owner Company Name The Chandler Group Cornell University, ILR School Adjunct Instructor Company Name Cornell University, ILR School Dates Employed2001 – Present Employment Duration18 yrs Vice President, Diversity Company Name The McGraw Hill Companies Dates Employed1995 – 199...
PETER M. STEIN is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice of Epstein Becker Green. Based in the firm's Stamford office, where he serves as the Managing Shareholder, he represents both national and regional employers in all aspects of labor and employment ...
Ida Chen is the first Asian American female to serve as a judge in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Appointed in 1987 by Governor Robert Casey, she has been a member of the Family Court in Philadelphia since 1988. Judge Chen was born in Hong Kong and immigrated from Indonesia. She is an Adjun...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.