Who should attend
Law firm partners, particularly those in leadership and management positions such as managing partners, members of partnership boards and other firm-wide management committees, practice area heads, industry sector heads, and those in line to take up such positions and responsibilities.
About the course
The competitive pressures on law firm partners in Europe have never been greater. And as these pressures intensify further in the current economic climate, the temptation of many will be to focus on client facing work rather than on the more challenging aspects of leading and managing their practices - for example, how to differentiate and grow their practices, and how to nurture and develop their associates.
This programme has been specifically designed for those law firm partners who recognise that, for their firms to be more competitive and successful, they, as individuals, need to be equipped with the insights, skills and techniques that will help them meet the demands of today's partner role and make them more effective leaders at both firm and practice level.
The Law Firm Partner as Leader Programme brings together leading business academics from the University of Cambridge with top consulting professionals with a wealth of experience in providing strategic, leadership and personal advice and development skills throughout Europe. The result is a unique learning event which blends academic and practically based sessions to provide partners not only with an in-depth understanding of the concepts of law firm management and the partner role, but also with the skills to apply those concepts in their daily working lives.
The programme is divided into four main sections dealing with law firm strategies, leadership, people management and business development.
The programme covers key topics including; dealing with law firm strategies, leadership, people management and client service.
- Integrated leadership and the motivational dynamics of lawyers
- Law firm strategies: practice segmentation; aligning the firm's practices, people and resources
- Leadership styles: becoming an effective role model, coach and mentor
- High performance teams: making your teams even more effective
- Leadership and values: the power of personal example; leadership and change
- Leading and sustaining change in the firm
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
- Understand the practical significance of the elements in the integrated leadership model - setting direction, commitment and execution
- Understand the strategic implementation process
- Understand more about your own role as a leader
- Develop an understanding of effective leadership and management of teams
- Increased confidence in your leadership ability and management skills
- Practical case studies to identify principles and reinforce the learning
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks
- Translate frameworks into day-day business responsibilities
- Build a network with other law firm partners from firms across Europe and elsewhere in the world
Dr.Hardy is a lecturer at the Open University. He was previously a researcher in Neuroscience, Endocrinology and Finance at Cambridge Judge Business School. Prior to this Dr Hardy worked as a veterinary surgeon in the pharmaceutical industry, general practice and veterinary academia. He is a form...
Philip developed the Global Human Resource Research Alliance, a research group involving 30 companies worldwide - American Express, BAE Systems, BT, EDF, GE, General Mills, IBM, IKEA, Infosys, Matsushita, Oracle, Procter and Gamble, Rolls-Royce, SANYO, Sealed Air, Shell, Siemens, TCL, TNT, and Un...
University Lecturer in Strategy & Organisation Ecole Normale Supérieure, LLM (Rennes I), MSc (Paris X Université), MA (EHESS), PhD (HEC Paris) Research interests Strategy and economic sociology; organisation theory; categorisation; valuation; status; legal studies. Subject group: Strategy...
Professor of Organisational Ethnography Fellow of Darwin College DPhil (University of Oxford) Research interests Studying people by living with them under similar conditions so as to better understand how they experience, and develop meaningful relations to, the world as it happens. Mark''s f...
Mark Smith is a Senior Advisor for the professional service firm programmes where he designs and delivers content to develop competitive advantage for clients. Mark has two decades of experience in the legal profession spanning a number of different roles and providing a unique perspective on th...
Guy is a Fellow in Management Practice at Cambridge Judge Business School where he focuses on the provision of leadership and management development programmes for professional services firms. He is involved in researching the implications for professional services firms of disruptive technology ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.