The Law Firm Partner as Leader
The competitive pressures on law firm partners in Europe have never been greater. And as these pressures intensify further in the current economic climate, the temptation of many will be to focus on client facing work rather than on the more challenging aspects of leading and managing their practices - for example, how to differentiate and grow their practices, and how to nurture and develop their associates.
This programme has been specifically designed for those law firm partners who recognise that, for their firms to be more competitive and successful, they, as individuals, need to be equipped with the insights, skills and techniques that will help them meet the demands of today's partner role and make them more effective leaders at both firm and practice level.
The Law Firm Partner as Leader Programme brings together leading business academics from the University of Cambridge with top consulting professionals with a wealth of experience in providing strategic, leadership and personal advice and development skills throughout Europe. The result is a unique learning event which blends academic and practically based sessions to provide partners not only with an in-depth understanding of the concepts of law firm management and the partner role, but also with the skills to apply those concepts in their daily working lives.
The programme is divided into four main sections dealing with law firm strategies, leadership, people management and business development.
- Integrated leadership and the motivational dynamics of lawyers
- Law firm strategies: practice segmentation; aligning the firm's practices, people and resources
- Leadership styles: becoming an effective role model, coach and mentor
- High performance teams: making your teams even more effective
- Business development: the prerequisites for successful cross-selling
- Leadership and values: the power of personal example; leadership and change
- Leading and sustaining change in the firm: what the truly great firms do to stay at the top
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
- Understand the practical significance of the elements in the integrated leadership model - setting direction, commitment and execution
- Understand the strategic implementation process
- Understand more about your own role as a leader
- Develop an understanding of effective leadership and management of teams
- Increased confidence in your leadership ability and management skills
- Practical case studies to identify principles and reinforce the learning
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks
- Translate frameworks into day-day business responsibilities
- Build a network with other law firm partners from firms across Europe and elsewhere in the world
Who should attend
Law firm partners, particularly those in leadership and management positions such as managing partners, members of partnership boards and other firm-wide management committees, practice area heads, industry sector heads, and those in line to take up such positions and responsibilities.